No announcement yet.

Racing on the Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Brown's new delivery guy just dropped off the hardware kit. Let's go racin' boys!

Enjoy the quiet on BS from the pdub front. Updates here every month or two if I find the time....Whooo-HOOO!!!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Check your PMs boss.
      Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by SSChevyManiac View Post
        Check your PMs boss.
        Got it, thanks as always. And for the masses, lemme tellya, there's a race-built Cadillac in this world (or at least one on a video game) that has so much power, all I've seen is the scars on the guardrails up close on pit road, trying to exit to the track. Scars up close. The screen message is, "You've got too much damage, you need to come in." Can I at least "go out" first? DAYum. Somebody (me) has got to figure out how to plant the tires on this bitch, or I'll never see the track at all.

Fun.....did I say FUN? Learning curve.

Comment

I just wanna say that the racing on the computer thing is yet another real blast. Fun to do while you can't do it in a real car with the wind blowing through it.

I'm only wondering out loud...how come every time I wreck the hopped up Mustang (which is EVERY time so far), I end up parked underneath a dadgum Chevrolet billboard? Why IS that?

Comment

Geez, PDub, even the computer is mocking you!!
            I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
              Geez, PDub, even the computer is mocking you!!
              I just got Superman over here to look at it, and he's equally as impressed as I am with it. Big eyes- WOW!

And he wrecked, too, at Road Atlanta. And he's raced balls out on that track on a motorcycle.

So maybe there's hope. Seat time. Cheap seat time.

Comment

Now Superman is sending me emails from across the street. First one - what's the name of that steering wheel? Second one - what's the name of that online racing deal?

Unit's saying just wait till Denise comes back home (SM's wife). Yeah, she'll be proud of me alright. HAhAHAhAhaH!!!!

Comment

I'm interested in this too......a wee bit pricey (the wheel), but most likely the experience makes it worth the cost.......possibilities here.......
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Probably cheaper than wrecking Red/Earl on a real road course?

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      I'm interested in this too......a wee bit pricey (the wheel), but most likely the experience makes it worth the cost.......possibilities here.......
                      I think so Ed. It's a royal blast, but I like video games to start with.

I'm trying to get better at it so I can race ChevyManiac heads-on. I'm getting better at it. Better is relative. I can nearly make a lap at Road Atlanta without hitting the wall. And that's why I got the setup. It's working. It sure is.

Comment

This thing is just way cool, I'm loving it. And yes, I'm getting around Road Atlanta pretty darned fast. What a hoot!

I bought the Mustang. It's got the same engine as Red. It sounds exactly like Red - How'd they do that? Exactly. But it's got a 6-speed transmission which is a little disconcerting. But 3rd gear and 4th gear are exactly like Red's, speed-RPM-wise. The computer car's brakes work exactly like Red's StopTechs. If anything, Red sticks better than the computer car, since Red's got 10's all around.

I bought the steering wheel, the online membership, and tracks, and the Mustang, and some gas at the gas station and flowers for our anniversary that's coming up. MasterCard turned my card off. That's just too many things from too many different places. They denied the flower charge until they got me on the phone and made sure I was doing all of that stuff. Thanks, I think. I guess I'd rather have them do that, just in case, but....

Comment

First I've heard of this. The site looks interesting and I'm astounded at the number of youtube tutorials there are.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelk View Post
                            First I've heard of this. The site looks interesting and I'm astounded at the number of youtube tutorials there are.
                            If y'all can't tell, I'm just blown away by it. I've got no reason to endorse a product. This thing is the coolest thing since really racing. It's outta sight cool. Man, oh man. Cheap seat time, the real deal. Stop me, I'm doing a commercial. Wow it's so cool.
                            Last edited by pdub; October 27, 2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Glad to see everyone so excited about this. I've been into it a few years and love it, until I can have big boy toys, its a lot of fun.
                              Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by SSChevyManiac View Post
                                Glad to see everyone so excited about this. I've been into it a few years and love it, until I can have big boy toys, its a lot of fun.
                                I'll be along Chevy, I'll let you know when I'm ready to race at Road America. I haven't even touched that track yet.

Fun, fun fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang it's fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X