How to Put a Cat On A diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loren View Post
    Oh, about cats. Killer here is getting old, and doesn't go out mousin' much anymore when he used to self-feed for weeks at a time. Now he just hangs out near the dry-food dispenser, or whines for a can of something tastier. There is getting to be a weight problem.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]26116[/ATTACH]

I'd whine for a can of something tastier too if all I had was a can of gasoline!
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Oh no it's not like that...he helps cut the gasoline a little. Saves money and the mower runs better.

j/k

Comment

Reminds me of a really old joke.

Doctor walks up to a little boy playing on the curb and says "Johnny, you wanna hear something interesting? I rubbed some kerosene on your sisters belly and she passed a baby."

Little Johnny replies "Hell, that ain't nuthin Doc, I rubbed some kerosene on a cat's ass and it passed a motorcycle!"
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          I'll take the odds on the vet saying he's fat.

Then he will offer to sell you some special high-priced "diet" cat feed.

It's a business just like any other. Profit margin is determined by sales.
          Ken's on fairly expensive stuff already - Science Diet Light.

We're hoping he's NOT fat so we can feed him some more. We'll see. So far nobody's taken the "not fat" bet, including me.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I'll say hes not fat.Feeding the dry or the wet? Our 2 indoor outdoor cats are eating everything in sight with the cold weather we are having.BTW Thanks for buying Science Diet. My wife is an Electronics Technician at their only wet food plant in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
              Feeding the dry or the wet?
              SD Light dry for the past two weeks.

Comment

"Much more of this diet stuff and I'm takin' that red thing in the garage too!"Click image for larger version

Name:	Dzecu1384399517.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	873620

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by phitter67 View Post
                    "Much more of this diet stuff and I'm takin' that red thing in the garage too!"[ATTACH=CONFIG]26124[/ATTACH]
                    10# vs 180#... look who wins!

Comment

Okay Ken's fat. He weighs 11.6 pounds and with his frame he should optimally be at 8.5 pounds. The vet applauded us for already putting him od SD Light and bringing him in. $45 later, Ken's for sure fat and at least now we know. With numbers and a measured diet for gradual weight reduction.

Bob, that looks mighty familiar, but 'cept I've got another chair I slide up and sit down in. Gotta be prepared!

Comment

We have 3 cats. My cat whose name is "is that the boy?" brought a bird in the house that he had relieved of the burden of living and actually put it in the cat food dish. Not sure if he was saving it for later or sharing with the other 2.
                        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

In all likelihood Gail, he was sharing it with you, not the other two. He knows YOU put food in the dish, and he likes you and wants to contribute too!
                          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Mom leaves her back door cracked open so her cats can come and go.. She was watching tv and a mouse landed on her lap.. She screamed and cussed out my son who was outside working on his car.. Turned out to be the cat playing with it and flung it up.. Lost it.. Was looking for it.. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                              In all likelihood Gail, he was sharing it with you, not the other two. He knows YOU put food in the dish, and he likes you and wants to contribute too!
                              He has brought mice, gophers, lizards and one time a snake in the house! I love him though, he is the only cat through my entire life who as ever picked me as its person!
                              He and his sister came home with us a year or two ago, Tricia and I went to get a kitten from a cat rescue group. We were just supposed to get one kitten and come home, but when we got there they had two that were so happy and playing with each other, the last two from the litter! They are both jet black, the rescue lady had earlier made a comment that it is hard to find homes for black cats, she speculated it is because people consider them bad luck and they are nervous about placing them because sometimes people who practice the dark arts want them for ceremonies. Tricia and I decided that we would take them both and maybe we could get away with not telling dad we got two because they both looked pretty much exactly alike! That plan didn't really pan out but he likes them both anyway. Is That the Boy? will curl up on Loren's legs while I am curled up at his side in the evenings. I really still cannot tell them apart but mine has brown splotches in his left eye so if I see the eye I know it is him. Everyone else can tell them apart though...
                              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Wow! Like mom's... Actually my granddaughter's..their daddy's allergic, so Unk Bob keeps them at Gram's house.. Both jet black... One is Blanket, the other is Feet.. Everybody just glances at them ank knows which they are.. Me? I see black cats

Comment

Working...
                                X