going to dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going to dallas

I will be in dallas on Wednesday and Thursday. is there anything to do in the evenings?i am not familier with dallas at all. I am going there for some work meetings and want something to do besides sit in a hotel

I was gonna ask the same about El Paso/Juarez...probably a whole different kind of town though...

Comment

Like tomorrow and Thursday? Downtown has a pretty varied music scene the last time I was down there if you're into that sort of thing. West End is yuppity-er and Deep Ellum is emo-ier the last time I was there (been a few years, ymmv). What kind of stuff are you thinking about?
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

yes tomarrow and Thursday. I am game for anything. all the other people are older vp kinda people who have fine dining tastes and I just wanna hang out and be me

Comment

go with the fine dining folks to Fogo De Chao

good grief, that is some good food
          Charles

Comment

Depending where you are heading down here there are lots of bars and music places. Thursday evening as long as the weather isn't too cold there is a car hangout up north on Hwy75 in Allen.

Comment

what kind of music do you like?

Comment

DB's from Dallas. Maybe he has some suggestions.

(It'll be interesting to see Bob's response!)

Dan

Comment

Stay away from Juarez, Loren. I haven't been to El Paso in years, so I don't have a clue about what's going on there, but I do know that Americans can be targets across the river........
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    DB's from Dallas. Maybe he has some suggestions.

(It'll be interesting to see Bob's response!)

Dan
                    I'm waiting on that too. He hasn't seen this thread, or he'd be all over it....

A buck says Bob's Tour Guide to Dallas includes a passage about how it's "only" a mile to the store in a blizzard....
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

When I'm in the DFW Metroplex, I always try to make time for a meal at Joe T. Garcia's. http://www.joets.com/

Happy Motoring!

Comment

The Trail Dust uesd to be a pretty good steak type place. However I haven't been to Dallas for about 10 years

Comment

well I am driving a company truck, so who knows what all schenanigans may occur.i will check out the places u guys have said. may see if there is ant good street racing or something to watch

Comment

Where is you Hotel ..?

Dallas / Fort Worth big area

find street racing ?? Discovery channel would be your best bet ..
                            sigpic

Comment

used to be able to find meets on the dfwstangs.net but that went the way of Yellowbullet... got sold and censored into non existence.

What hotel do they have you in? I just found out an uncle of mine had a stroke yesterday so I'm off to Houston probably in the morning.

Manana used to have some action, hard to say any more. I got old and the kids were being silly dangerous last time I was out.
                              Last edited by Beagle; February 11, 2014, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X