Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-Headed Fairlane

Perusing through CL just now, I came across this, and just had to share

Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Dad (now 92 y.o.) worked as a body shop electrician in the fifties and has talked about guys doing that, apparently it isn't that hard on a full-frame car. Obviously there is some welding to do...but once you have the frame at the right length the rr axle kickup is in about the right place for a former firewall. I wish the CL seller had more of this car's story for us there.

Comment

haha sent ad to dad... I'LL be catch'n crap in 3-2-1 lol

Comment

Getting the car to actually move was a minor afterthought...

Comment

one the other hand it beats the hell out of waiting in line...

Comment

A pushmepullyou (what book was that from? Dr. Seuss?).

When we were kids you would see them from time to time, usually in front of muffler shops or the like where they were parked as an attention getter. I remember seeing one (late 40s or early 50s Dodge IIRC) in front of one of the orange juice stands in Florida - must have been 1952 or so.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              A pushmepullyou (what book was that from? Dr. Seuss?).Dan
              Doctor Doolittle actually. I read all the books as a kid.

Comment

That reminds me of a Hot Wheels car called the T-4-2. It was a back-to-back Model T hot rod, I think.

Comment

Let's see if this works:

http://media.photobucket.com/user/Sm...g.html?filters[term]=push%20me%20pull%20you&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=9

Dan

Comment

There's a Buick (or might have been al Olds) that I've seen for years from the 40s that a dealership had made and used as a courtesy car to drive customers back while there cars were being worked on

Comment

A local cab company used to have one of those made from an(er two?) old checker cabs, they used it as the sign.

There is a pushmepullu car that I see driving locally sometimes. Its made of two of the FWD Delta 88s from the late 80s. I guess it could possibly function in both directions if it still has both drive trains lol. You would never have to back out of the garage.
                      Last edited by BlueCuda340; February 27, 2014, 07:08 AM.
                      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                        A local cab company used to have one of those made from an(er two?) old checker cabs, they used it as the sign.

There is a pushmepullu car that I see driving locally sometimes. Its made of two of the FWD Delta 88s from the late 80s. I guess it could possibly function in both directions if it still has both drive trains lol. You would never have to back out of the garage.

Comment

if the women dont find you handsome, they might as well find you handy
                          Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Working...
                          X