Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post

Awesome picture!

I've always wondered.....on the older car carriers and setups such as this.....what the heck keeps the ramps located horizontally? If I tried that I'd have a big old mess on my hands.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I remember that article! In fact, there's a good chance I have the mag. What year and mag? From the 70's.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

• Terry Cook had some great photos in Car Craft

Comment

• Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
          I remember that article! In fact, there's a good chance I have the mag. What year and mag? From the 70's.
          Its in a HotRod in 1974..i found a great and very long thread about one of the Porsches,that where one of the fastest ones..that thread seems to have exploded with pics and great posts,from those that where around in the seventies.

Chris Banning recently came out with a book entitled the Mulholland Experience, all about the history of Mulholland racing and such. Pretty poorly

Comment

• Originally posted by STINEY View Post
            Awesome picture!

I've always wondered.....on the older car carriers and setups such as this.....what the heck keeps the ramps located horizontally? If I tried that I'd have a big old mess on my hands.

I guess it helps that you have a big rig,and not that Land Rover,and a 69 Impala as your racecar .Looks like the front bumper is the place where things are attached..and the weight on that races,cant be much over 1000 pounds.

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Well, since I have so much free time, I decided to spend a bunch of money

Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Its in a HotRod in 1974..i found a great and very long thread about one of the Porsches,that where one of the fastest ones..that thread seems to have exploded with pics and great posts,from those that where around in the seventies.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-t...-hill-rsr.html
                  interesting stuff..and what time does to a humble truth.

I still jump my own mind when mentioning 160s on a northern maine I-95.
                  It was not even considered to be outrageous. nothing there..it was dead right up to 15 or so years ago.

Today the speed limit is up by 25mph, and going beyond is quite a badass.

love the prosche story, they were just coming of age into their modern legends.

I actually got to the part about the beetles..as if a joke. I now conclude, the real speed of the boxer originated east coast. It does not matter what size that boxer is.. some Hollywood spoiled moguls still have no freaking clue.

I like sharing this one.. the way roads changed.
                  78000 pounds, needle buried. First rig with 1800+ foot pound.. not all that long ago modern day.

the mirrors do howl something satanic.
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; April 21, 2013, 01:23 PM.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Killer feature car for this week, you guys will dig BIG TIME!
                    Attached Files
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

• Other than the exhaust tip, this is cool
                        Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

• A local tow truck,that a friend has stored for a long time..pic from early seventies.Its written"Storegutt" on the front of the hood..thats BigBoy over in the US

Last edited by Blazerteam; April 22, 2013, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• those 9000 series GMC are kool

Comment

• That's the ballls! Does that truck have four booms?
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                                That's the ballls! Does that truck have four booms?
                                Yep,it looks that way..too bad all the tow truck equipment isnt there anymore.It was removed 20 years ago,when someone tried to turn it into a regular truck.Im trying to make my friend turn it into a race car hauler with a trailer..duramax engine probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X