What Fuel Filters and where...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Fuel Filters and where...

What fuel filters do you guys perfer and where do you mount yours- before of after the (electric)pump? My car is mostly a strip car, not much of a cruiser, so my question is geared toward the competition crowd. Thank you in advance for the input...

Re: What Fuel Filters and where...

I have one before and after the pump, they are Areomotive
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
      I have one before and after the pump, they are Areomotive
      Thanks Jeff.

Comment

I just use standard 3/8 in line Purolator filters. One before the electric pump and one at the carb. Its just a driver street car. Ron

Comment

We talk a lot about Fuel filters for the Bonneville Camaro... BUT we don't seem to get them on the car... and thus far we've been lucky... no issue... hmmm

Normally they go before the pump.. none after it...

K

Comment

I have a aeromotive 100 micron before my pump. Aeromotive also calls for a 10 after in case of pump failure. I didnt have room for that one and hope they aren't trying to tell us something about the pumps.

Comment

100 micron SCREEN before the pump, 10 micron after the pump.

running a low micron filter before the pump can burn it up, and or cavitate it and reduce fuel flow through the system.

Comment

I just put one of those enclosed cinder type filters in line on the 32... stuck it right up by the carb's... it's just for Starting the car the first time... I'm most likely going to stick it in line somewhere before the pump... someday

Keith ( I don't run Glass much... but have seen some old style ones that are coool as hell... bet they make really neat fire too )

Comment

Mallory canister before the Aerospace Pump...no problems other then I hate it hanging this low

Comment

Originally posted by biginch

running a low micron filter before the pump can burn it up, and or cavitate it and reduce fuel flow through the system.
                    That's the way Aeromotive suggests running theirs check out the carberated A1000 system on their website.

Discover Aeromotive’s superior fuel systems, where cutting-edge aerospace engineering meets automotive passion. Explore our range of high-performance fuel pumps, filters, and regulators, designed for reliability and efficiency at any speed, any angle, or any condition.

Comment

Originally posted by biginch

This is what I do...I use Russell usually since they are seem to work fine and are easily availble. All my lines are -8 or larger so make sure you size the filter to the line and flow requirements. It better to be too big than to small.

Comment

I have used the ones from Speedway Motors in the past with good success. They also wont break the bank. Here is a picture from a pair of them in the Valiant

Comment

Working...
                        X