This rules.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This rules.

Wham-o wheelie bar commercial. Note Landy's Dodge and the LRW...an no helmets or kneepads on the kids. As it should be.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Re: This rules.

I wish I had all of those old Schwinn Stingrays.....

God, it was good to be a kid back then! You didn't have lawyers and political correctness and if a kid wanted to shoot up the bad guys with his cap gun or ride wheelies in the street on his Stingray, he could. Heck, you could even leave the Stingray out on the front lawn and nobody would steal it. What the heck happened to this country?

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
      an no helmets or kneepads on the kids. As it should be.
      *and bare feet! Wish I'd had one of those as a kid. Cool find.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

even buses do it Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
          Wham-o wheelie bar commercial. Note Landy's Dodge and the LRW...an no helmets or kneepads on the kids. As it should be.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          Bike Helmets, haven't been conviced they don't cause more damage than they prevent.Looks like a lot of leverage on the neck! Would love to have my old Shwinne 5sp Pea Picker crate bike back! Now it's worth more than my car! So sad.............................................

Comment

didn't take much barefoot riding for me to learn!

I went over backwards once on a big old Schwinn balloon tire bike we had, damn that hurt! could have used a wheelie bar on that one.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
              I wish I had all of those old Schwinn Stingrays.....

God, it was good to be a kid back then! You didn't have lawyers and political correctness and if a kid wanted to shoot up the bad guys with his cap gun or ride wheelies in the street on his Stingray, he could. Heck, you could even leave the Stingray out on the front lawn and nobody would steal it. What the heck happened to this country?

Ron
              Ditto.........those were great times back then.
              If one of those were made today....it would come from China, have lead paint on it and have had several recalls ;D

I love those old commercials.....

Comment

Im not THAT old but I did do some crazy stuff on bikes back in the day, no helmet or pads.
                Maybe thats what my problem is! Too many head injuries!

Great find!
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by V10Mercury
                  Im not THAT old but I did do some crazy stuff on bikes back in the day, no helmet or pads.
                  Maybe thats what my problem is! Too many head injuries!
                  Remember running along side the bike and trying to jump on and hit the seat while bike was moving......there were times when I wished the bike was a girls bike.......... ;D

Comment

Oh yeah,
                    I have 2 older brothers that were always trying convince me to do things. I think it was some kind of competition between them.
                    My mom actually grounded me to the inside of the house until I completely healed up one time.

Comment

Originally posted by V10Mercury
                      Oh yeah,
                      I have 2 older brothers that were always trying convince me to do things. I think it was some kind of competition between them.
                      My mom actually grounded me to the inside of the house until I completely healed up one time.
                      Everytime I missed the seat and hit the crossbar.... I think I went blind for about two minutes.......... :

Comment

That must be DF- no shoes!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Obviously our local TV channel didn't carry that commercial... cause I'd have had one of those suckers...

Way freaking cool...

We got some stupid thing you strapped to your angle and jumped over... or some guy sitting on the ground driving his imaginary car to work...

K

Comment

I know most of us are too fat and old to care about riding a bike, but I am going to buy myself an old bike and build a wheelie bar for it just so I can do this. This thing is too trick.

My dad laughed at the video because he said it wasn't as good for burnouts as my setup when I was a kid. Before I could even ride without training wheels, I would line my bike up at the end of the driveway where there was a divate that allowed my training wheels to touch the ground but only barely let the rear tire touch. I did my own "burnouts" like crazy. For as long as we lived there you could see the black marks at the end of the drive. It was great. I still can't keep from doing burnouts!!!
                            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

I tried a few years back to show the kid how I did it in the day. ;D I still have my old Schwinn.I pulled the front,rode for about40ft and a gust of wind came along.Yep.I looped it and landed on my knees.30 years ago I would not have landed on my knees ;D Make the wheelie bar Chad!

Comment

Working...
                              X