200 mph Studebaker powered Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 mph Studebaker powered Studebaker

Found these two video links on the SDC Forum. I had not seen them in quite some time. Ron Hall drove his Studebaker Avanti to slightly over 200 mph. As far as I know the only Studebaker powered Studebaker to break the 200 mph barrier. Jim passed away a little over two years after this 1993 200 mph run. He was a great guy and competed fairly regularly at Bonneville.

In the first video the car goes 196 mph but was a real handful. In the second video Ron beats the 200 mph mark.

Studebaker Powered Avanti gets sideways several times at 196 mph as it sets an International Land Speed Record in D Production Class. Keep an eye on the trac...

A group of Studenuts put together a Record Breaking Avanti with a 30 year old Stude engine, besting Andy Granatelli's world-famous ride by several MPH.

Re: 200 mph Studebaker powered Studebaker

I worked at Maremont corp. with Ron Hall in the late 70's. I don't think he owned anything but Studes. Drove a cool pickup to work.

Comment

That engine sounded GOOD! And not like a SBC - or anything else. Thanks for the films.

Dan

Comment

that was pretty cool, all the white made it hard to tell how fast he was going.
        the outside shots were really cool! that engine sounded awsome.! :D thanks
        fer posting it!
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

The engine in that Avanti was either a 289 or 304 cu. in. V-8 with a Paxton supercharger. I always thought Studebaker V-8 just sounds mellow.

Comment

Man thats cool.Thanks
            terry

Comment

AHHHHH Bonnevile!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X