Does this Parking Space Make Me Look Fat? Sexism in Parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    I'm happily married to a wonderful woman - so I'm staying completely out of this. After 3 tries I've learned my lesson. And Gail - hope you're doing well. And Sue Unit, too. Dan
    Smart man!
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

hmmmm,...touchy subject. woman seem to get cheaper insurance, but i sure see a lot of them talking on the phone, putting on they're make up, yelling at the kids,...doing anything but paying attention to the road. my wife has gotten 2 tickets for leaving walmart at night and forgetting to put her headlights on! but there sure are plenty of bad men drivers too.

funniest parking story i've ever seen.
      me and a friend Matt park at some shopping store. as were walking up to the store, we see this very heavy lady getting out of her car. she has no handicapped sign or tag on her car and is parked up front in a handicap spot.
      so Matt says to her, "why are you parked up here? are you handicapped?"
      she says, " oh no, i'm just overweight."
      Matt was an out-spoken guy and says," maybe if you had to park where the rest of us did, and had to walk a little more, you wouldnt be so fat, and a real handicap person could use that spot?"
      i thought it was a rude remark, but it probably made her think?

Comment

I am probably not the average female driver.

I never use the phone in any way as I know if it rings or makes a noise I will not be able to find it, so I just don't bother, F'em I'll check it when I can.

I am not a big make-up wearer and when I do partake I need the fully lit bathroom and an actual decent mirror, so I would NEVER if I am driving be putting on make-up.
        If the "kids" ever acted up I would do what my mom did, pull over and kick them out of the car.

I don't tailgate. Even if the person is in the "fast" lane and going slow I will wait for an opportunity to pass on the right, I know you are not supposed to pass on the right but sometimes that is all you can do. They will get a dirty look as I breeze by them though
        I also hate tailgaters, I do not hit the brakes to flash the lights or slow down and completely by accident discovered that if you engage your emergency lights the offender will actually back off, works every time.

I DO drive too fast and am rather aggressive, My family can vouch for that. It is probably a good thing that I drive a Cherokee and not something quicker.

I do know the length of time it takes for a traffic signal to turn green on most of the intersections I traverse on a regular basis. A lot of the roads I drive go from two lanes at the light down to one lane shortly there after. Many times someone will take off to get in front then slow to under the speed limit. If I get a kid in a Honda next to me who thinks he is gonna end up in front, he is sadly mistaken. I watch the opposing light turn red then I count and hit the gas very slightly before ours turns green.

O'm sure there are plenty of women on cell phones out there, however I do ride an express commuter bus quite often and If I have no book or anything else to occupy myself with I will watch the other vehicles out there on the freeway. In my estimate fully 85% of drivers are on the phone. During the commute hours I must say most of the people I see on phones are men usually in some sort of company vehicle and presumable speaking with place of employment. Actually followed a Sheriff into town a few weeks ago, he kept drifting toward the center hitting the bumps and correcting, then drifting toward the outside hitting the bumps and correcting. His correcting was done very quickly which made it all the more obvious he was drifting unaware. Low and behold he was interacting with his car computer the entire ride into town. Nice job.

That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Well it's an -observable trend- that guys who complain about women also seem to just have more problems with them anyhow. Jus' sayin'.

Comment

Why is it I have a feeling this whole thread was based off this? 2013 Sema Show Model A Rat Rod - $15500

Comment

It's bad ass

Comment

and yes, I do admire the new craigslist trend...

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                  Well it's an -observable trend- that guys who complain about women also seem to just have more problems with them anyhow. Jus' sayin'.
                  I was wondering if it's sexist to simply not care?
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I was wondering if it's sexist to simply not care?

You insensitive batturd..........
                    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

You insensitive batturd..........

SWEET! my reputation stays intact.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                        SWEET! my reputation stays intact.
                        Bet your wife thinks you are the sweetest thing since slced bread!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                          Bet your wife thinks you are the sweetest thing since slced bread!

is it lady-like to see a woman rolling on the floor, tears in her eyes, and complaining that her side hurts from laughing so hard at your comment?

Comment

Told ya she loves ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                              Told ya she loves ya!
                              Yeah, just not those words

Comment

Working...
                              X