No announcement yet.

computer monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also purchased the exact same monitor that you bought.

I fell for the ASUS
    ASUS VX238H-W White 23" 1ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 80,000,000:1 Built-in Speakers

I work on my computer at least 9 hours a day doing graphic design work and the new monitor is a dream to work on.

Jimbo

Comment

Triple monitors 5040x1050 up and running alongside the 1080p 42". Main excitement today is Drag Week though.
      Last edited by RockJustRock; September 8, 2014, 07:00 PM.
      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post

Get this one instead... Same money, better specs, already black.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236112

ASUS VE247H Black 23.6" 2ms Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor w/Speakers 300 cd/m2 10,000,000:1 (ASCR)

That's what we just got at work last week -
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
          I usually by from Tiger Direct. The last two laptops were both Asus refurbished units. Both looked brand new, absolutely no evidence any place of use. Both had bigger batteries and RAM then advertised. I know you're buying a monitor but I think you'll be fine with the Asus. I've had very good luck with Tiger too.
          thanks.
          I had read, unconfirmed, that asus was going to be the intel chipset builder.. its like the chevy dodge ford choices.
          I will be going asus everything later on.

I could actually go for the core i7 now, less than 500 on a full atx build, but got too much going on with ID and secure channels etc.

like a stack of cards, changing the mobo is right down to the ground.
          looking forward to the modern monitor anyway.

...and thanks jimbo17, was hoping someone had it. I see the sales and reviews are good. dead pixels had dented boxes (bad shipping) but that was all.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 9, 2014, 05:01 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Big Bangshift! I have not upgraded from CRT since the beginning. 1998.

temperatures dropped 15F at full load, and that is just the pc.
            The monitor is almost cold in comparison.

Unplugging the old CRT had every human odor since 2001 climbing back out. Sitting by a window to air, before storage.

I bet they sell every one of these. Good stuff, modern surge of reality sales.

I also disabled screensaver. No "burn-in" on an lcd, and changed power down to a few minutes.
            this one jumps to life with an hdmi1 in the top left. Modern as it gets. I was hoping the sound utilized the hdmi, but no big deal. came with all cables, hooked up sound via normal ways.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 11, 2014, 09:59 AM.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
              Barry , refering to your first post , I don't know what any of the means but, congrats ( as I sit here with my 5" diagonal phone )
              Speck in of bigger screens an all , I JUST MOVED UP TO A GALXEY S4. Amazing how the .3 in screen size makes a difference !
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                Speck in of bigger screens an all , I JUST MOVED UP TO A GALXEY S4. Amazing how the .3 in screen size makes a difference !
                I have yet to get a gps, or a cellphone with the touchscreen.

I'll try a lap top some day.
                I used to be no phone at all, still amazing to hear one ring while in the car.

I'm ate up, over the hill, fading away.. whatver has to be said.

my fingers hate the asian sized scale of things.
                Previously boxer3main

Comment

two week update.

I can monitor my power by the day, as I pay my own bill. I knew there would be a burn in (new electronics setting its new path), that is the spike on sept 12 etc.

and today, since july.. with the same habit per day, my lowest usage ever. The bill is still dropping.

I attribute this to the monitor, and the CRT is a black hole that keeps on spinning the meter, days after shutdown. I learned that in the 90s.

My babbles with the monitor, has a relative in serious medical work upgraded to the 23 inch LCD. A good influence for now. Still do not know longevity yet.

edit:
                  I have since deciphered this to 8 to 13 bucks a month drop in the bill. This means it is regulating computer power supply as well. (My video card is gargantuin)
                  I guess a tip to add to this..use a card with the DVI out, and the given HDMI cable. Sleek and small ...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 2, 2014, 09:27 AM.
                  Previously boxer3main

Comment

rebate in place, one of those amex gift cards.
                    18 bucks.

Given the LED focus lately, I went to Sewell for the 6w 800 lumens 60w equivalent LED bulb at $14 delivered.
                    I already have 13-15w CFL type in place and it is extremely noticed in the monthly bill..
                    Times this by a year and 10-12 bulbs. One of which is 20 hours a day (that is where the 6w LED is going).
                    holy cow. The monitor by far was the biggest hog at 24/7 runtime. That was at least 8 bucks a month.. assuming now the old CRT had a problem for sure. The new monitor is very good.

with just one led in place, the yoyo in the bills graph is stabled every day to similar daily use. Just needs guidance, every house does. Keyword is diode.

I am perturbed at the size of place I am given and the bill, and I remembered what multi -unit buildings do to each neighbor, the backsides of neighbors feeds bills wrongly (call that "the black wire"). Been that way since incandescent and sharing all on the same transformer out on the pole...

why yes that is 100 years now.

more gas money for me.

most peculiar note on this..the 6w bulb is going where the overhead fan is on the stove. I noticed after shutting it off, off to bed.. I am smelling laundry, fishing worms, car tires and everything that would be right on the earth..

the vent for the fan is at the eves. After shut down, the hotter the bulb, the more it sucks backwards into the house.

The LED is cold in comparison. I first noticed this with the 13w CFL..odors reduced dramatically. One of those odd mysteries yet again.
                    The LED is more for that than savings, but both reasons is good.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 9, 2014, 09:56 AM.
                    Previously boxer3main

Comment

I guess i did have a problem.
                      Dropped 41 percent.
                      All those years...wow.

I recently went LED bulb above the cookstove (I rarely shut that off) 6 watts for 400 lumens. Will see what that does on the next cycle.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 21, 2014, 08:47 AM.
                      Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                      X