How To Save A $$ At the Ohio Mile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Save A $$ At the Ohio Mile

As last weekend was a little pricey I went looking for a way to save a little. It turns out that there are much cheaper motels in Washington Court House and surrounding villages (Jamestown, maybe?). Anyhow, there are several motels at the junction of I71 and US35. I booked the Baymont Inn (part of the Wyndam chain) for $154 for Friday and Saturday nights including taxes, etc. I paid almost $100/night at the HIE. I have NO complaint with the HIE - the room was clean, service was excellent, amenities top-notch - just that it was a little steep for me.

It's a short hop down 71 to the Wilmington exit and I don't think it'll be too much of a commute. Anyhow, I'm going to try it for June and see how it goes.

Dan

Never mind. The motel was fine but it was further than I thought. Turns out it was in Jeffersonville (my dumb mistake) which is about 1/2 hour from the track. As Charles V mentioned on another forum, the Wilmington Inn offers a substantial racer discount bringing their price to $55, same as the inn in Jeffersonville. I'm booked there for the next meet.

Dan

Comment

Working...
    X