No announcement yet.

1975 Grand AM 455 the pissed off GrandMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wondering if George (200wins) will step in... he also has a GrandAm...
    Last edited by silver_bullet; March 25, 2016, 06:30 AM.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Good lord that looks like it is going to be a handful.

A guy here back in the 90's had a beautiful one..talking show room mint...it was featured in a Pontiac rag at the time....I left for just 4 years and when I got back he had sold it and the poor car looked as though it had been beaten, burned, buried, dug up and beat again...

I would check DVAP for a door and I will keep my eyes open for anything that comes up.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post

Handing me a beer does nothing...can't stand the stuff. Besides, I've got my own junk to get running! I'll admit that I'm having flashbacks to my '73 Chevelle, but just like that car, I can look past a LOT of bad and see the good here!

oh yeah i am not dilustion car needs some work but for the most part the rust is minimal (main concern living in the rust belt)

and totla there was only 9,000 75 Grand ams built. then you add in the 455, moon roof, and possibly sports suspension. this car starts becoming better. i will also admit i proably over paid but don't care

the brand new front suspension (control arms bushings, balljoints, ect), rebuilt THM400, and rebuilt 455 (it;s not the original engine it't an earlier block 71 casting with 350 heads) makes the price worth it as what i paid for the car is what i would of ended up paying just for those parts so i sort of got the body and extra bits for free if i justify it that way
        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
          Good lord that looks like it is going to be a handful.

A guy here back in the 90's had a beautiful one..talking show room mint...it was featured in a Pontiac rag at the time....I left for just 4 years and when I got back he had sold it and the poor car looked as though it had been beaten, burned, buried, dug up and beat again...

I would check DVAP for a door and I will keep my eyes open for anything that comes up.

thanks!

​main goal is just getting it driving. all the parts are there they are just not in the best of shape. the junk interior is going to be the hardest but also least on the list of priorities
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Once you get it in primer it'll look like a whole different animal. Cool project.

Comment

here is the trim tag

Click image for larger version

Name:	75ga24.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	1093794

order sheet is long gone but found out you can buy a dealer invoice for old cars and have them give you there option list form the GM heritage center. think it;s 50? going to look into that

Comment

As far as the interior: if the plastics themselves look decent enough, maybe a thorough disinfectant/algae rinse is in order, then some interior paint, like what Eastwood has.
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

hmmm need to see if they have white

the driver seat is trashed the passenger is slavageable though

Comment

just found a 1975 fisher body manual for 20. i figure i may need it details how to put the interior together and body trim. and how to disassemble the body also bought a 1975 pontiac lemans/grand am service manual

Comment

The grand prix is officially sold and is going to Florida.

The G'Ma will be coming home in 2 weeks

Comment

Just don't let it stall and be forgotten, the new Grand Am that is. Get it on the road in any condition!
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

running and driving is the priority. with at least some what of an interior but just really need 2 seats and belts

paint is the lowest on my list

i actually wanted it because of the primer/multi-color i have a thing for beater muscle LOL i think paint might ruin it

any one know about part interchange on the 73-77 A-body? the car has no brakes.... i mean physicaly the system is in the trunk but it;s trashed form water getting intot the trunk (no weather stripping)

i read the front end is the same as the 70-79 camaro and 70-75 nova. is this true?

Comment

Design, no. Frame should be the same as 1977-96 GM B-body. I'd check dimensions before you start ripping things apart, but the good stuff from a 1990s 9C1 or Impala SS should make life a lot more fun, and I'd jump for the brakes as well.
                            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

well did mroe looking and it seems the 70-79 camaro used the same spindals but every thing else is different. spindles show the same part number when looking them up through napa or autozone.

never though of the b-body. i'll go check if i still have parts form my 91 caprice
                              Last edited by Mater; March 26, 2016, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Check this site: http://users.boardnation.com/~abodysite/index.php There is a TON of A-body info there!
                                See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

Comment

Working...
                                X