66 Nova more-door cruiser project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 Nova more-door cruiser project

I've been surfing this forum all morning (working Saturdays isn't all bad) and thought, one more car forum couldn't hurt :D

I'm the proud owner of 5 rolling beauties. Two 66 Mustang coupes, a 99 Monte Carlo, 89 Safari, and a 66 Nova 4-door. Two of these ladies actually run ;)

Here's a shot of her the day my brother got the Nova on his 15th birthday. He bought her from a friend of his with all intentions of restoring her.

Fast forward a few years and he's done nothing but remove the fenders and lose bolts. Oh, and rack up a debt with his older brother, me. So, being the good brother I am I take the Nova as his payment on that debt since he's lost total interest. He didn't know I was tinkering on the car when he wasn't around :D

I got her running and drove her fenderless to my garage to begin. That was about a year and a half ago I think?

She's had some major surgery...

and some minor surgery...

and some upgrades...

...and here is where she sits at the moment.

My plan is to turn this car into a nice cruiser. I'll be keeping the inline 6 and dropping the car 2 inches on all four corners. I've planned to upgrade to dual exhaust, a 4 barrel carb, nice rims, and a modern sound system. I'm keeping her red but haven't picked the shade yet.

She's going to roll out of the garage in a week or so because I need the space for her stepsister, the blue 66 Mustang. She's got some rearend damage from the previous owner I need to take care of as well as some needed upgrades.

Re: 66 Nova more-door cruiser project

Looking Goooooodddd!!!!! ;D

John

Comment

Sweet. What intake and manifolds you gonna use on the six? I'm planning something similar. My current plan involves a Clifford four barrel intake with Holley 390 and Stovebolt cast manifolds.
      1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

I'm planning the same manifold and exhaust but I haven't decided on the carb yet.

Hey John, I knew you were on this forum when I saw your awesome Nova build. You didn't mention that air dam when we spoke about that 3d model. Is that a new addition?

Comment

Nice to see another Crew Cab in action. Thanks.

Comment

I think the Crew Cabs are going to start getting a whole more popular, because the price of the most sought after models of all brands are going up each yr.

Comment

Their number has also been reduced by people cannibalizing them for the more desirable 2 doors. Had I not got this car my brother was planning to sell it to someone that wanted to use it as a parts car.

Comment

cant wait to see it when your done or half way atleast. post updated pics.

Comment

I've got a set of better images from her first daylight experience since Oct 06.

It dawns on me I have the only brick house on my street...

I meant to attach the fender skirts for this shot but I forgot to...

Look ma, no front doors :D

I like this shot, and I also like that the orange wheel chucks held and she didn't run me over.

Shiney engine bay...now if she only had an engine, hood, doors, seats, steering wheel, brake system...

This probably won't be the last of the pictures from her. There's bound to be a handful of things I can do while she's sitting outside. There's so much more room around her now so I might take to cutting out the trunk while she's outside.

Comment

Looking good. Keep up the good work. There is nothing more embarrassing than being run over by your own car. You'd be rubbed about it by friends at your own funeral.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Back to work on the Nova. I've missed working on this car over these past two months of working on the Mustang. I've got some problem spots I hope to hit over this weekend.

Step 1 will be taking care of the rust damage in the pilars.

Both lower quarters will be replaced. I got a great deal on some sheetmetal from a wrecked Arizona car.

Then I've got to tackle this area, I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do. I'm debating on purchasing replacement sheetmetal or fabricating what I need.

Obviously all of this won't be this weekend. I may hit the pilars and if I have time I'll work on the doors. I've got small rust holes in the bottom of the driver's door. I'm not sure if I can find door skins for a 4 door.

Comment

The 2 door skins are likely the same shape, just longer. So you should be able to use the 2 door skins and shorten to fit. Be careful that the doors don't come out too long (don't ask how I know this). I'm referring to the patch panels - if you use a whole skin, it might be more of a challenge.

Dan

Comment

I liked it when you first started , looks like it will be a nice car

Comment

Working...
                          X