Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ImpalaSam's project

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
    Don't see many SS's with tan interior. What was the original exterior color?
    The exterior is cameo beige. I don't know how many came that color but I don't know that I have
    many if any.

The interior color is saddle. There are three shades of saddle carpet I belive, I got the right one on the
    second try. Whoever makes the console carpet kits don't offer the dark saddle in a kit so I'll have to
    either dye a saddle kit or order some extra carpet and make one up.

Comment

Re: ImpalaSam's project

Very nice! I like what you're doing with your clutch linkage. I'm doing a 4 speed swap on my 66 mustang. My pedal assembly has sealed roller bearing installed in place of the usual pot metal insert hats with nylon bushings for the clutch pedal shaft.

I have planned on using spherical ends on my linkage as well.

Here's my pedal assembly:

I didn't modify my set up. I was looking for some bearings that would fit in the limited room but didn't see anything in Grainger or Mc Master Carr. The Mustang forum I hang out, there's a member who makes all sorts of stuff. This is his work. His prices were so reasonable I couldn't turn it down. The turn around time was fast as well. I couldn't imagine where he sourced these bearings. I certainly didn't think he modified these bearings with snap rings either. A couple of weeks ago I was at the hardware store where the school i work at has an account , picking up some stuff. I started going through the hardware draws marked "bearings" just for the heck of it to keep a mental inventory if I needed something down the road for a project. Low and behold, I found the bearings used in my set up. they're for lawn mowers! About $16...less if you go some place that isn't overcharging.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Been a long time since I've posted on this project but I still own it and have tried to get some work done on it lately. I put the passenger fender on today and with that it is starting to look like an actual car again. Hopefully I'll have some more to share soon.
        Attached Files

Comment

it helps when they start looking like a car again! Keep after it.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Hurry up, will ya? My Chevy II isn't getting any younger!

Comment

Just caught up with this project...........good stuff.
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Got the remainder of the front clip reinstalled. I'm pretty happy with the way it is looking. The paint
                certainly has some patina, luckily it's not the rusty kind.
                Last edited by ImpalaSam; March 12, 2013, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Hopefully the picture shows up this time.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The chrome looks good in the pic. Always a nice plus.

Dan

Comment

Up close it's not perfect but certainly acceptable. I went over all of it with some old fashioned chrome polish and it made
                      a lot of difference. I even went over the anodized aluminum pieces, it seems to clean them up and they look a little
                      better.

Comment

Getting closer!
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Looks very good nice neat work

Comment

I like the car, nicely done so far. I have a 66 in a similar if not the same color - Lemonwood Yellow.
                            Nick Smithberg
                            www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Lemonwood Yellow is nice, not as loud as say a Daytona Yellow. Mine is actually Cameo Beige,
                              I think it has been repainted but from everything I find it is very close to the original color.
                              I think some of those old colors stayed around for different year models but the name just changed.

Comment

Hey nice car, your doing a beautiful job!!!.....

Comment

Working...
                                X