68 Cougar - what to do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 68 Cougar - what to do ?

I never said I was totally clueless . I have just finished a build that cost me more than I had planned ( what build doesn't ) . If I had stuck to the same vibe as the truck it would cost me a lot more which I just can't do . So I thought of selling it not because I didn't want it . Some of the guys on here got me to thinking of another way to go which would be different to any other car I've built and sounds cool . I've always built rides to the way I want them not somebody else's way . Some times you get so focused on one vision that you loss sight of anyother way . So I asked for opinions and I don't see anything wrong with that .

Comment

Welcome to this site ;).If you want a low buck bad ass lookin Cougar,i would have made a trans am clone.It shouldnt be expensive to get the look..you dont need all the suspension and engine either..

Comment

Ya , I was thinking Trans amish . Would be easy 5.0 , 5 gear transplant to start . Plenty of afFORDable parts floating around out there .

Comment

I like that build - cheap, stone-cold reliable... and I bet your boys would get the best bang-for-buck charge out of that because it'd always be ready to go and still ooze cool.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I couldn'tsee it that well, what's the deal with the dual carb intake???
            Is it a Ford part or aftermarket ?

It's your Cat, build it the way you want.
            sigpicJohn Castelli
            www.gonecruisincarclub.com

Comment

What dual carb intake ? and I plan on building it the way I want . Did you bump your head last night John ?

Comment

I think he is referring to my old dual quad intake. I've had it for years, and when I got it I was told it had come from Shelby. How accurate that is I dont know. It might find its way to a T bucket or something fun like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455
                  I think he is referring to my old dual quad intake. I've had it for years, and when I got it I was told it had come from Shelby. How accurate that is I dont know. It might find its way to a T bucket or something fun like that.
                  Yes I was. If that intake has Cougar on it, it's worth some $$$$$.
                  And yes I did bang my head today. What's that saying ? "No brain, no pain". ;D
                  sigpicJohn Castelli
                  www.gonecruisincarclub.com

Comment

Well , I started in on the Cougar yesterday . It was repainted about 20 years ago and not very well . So off it comes . Sand , sand , sand . I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out what I'm doing wrong . Apparently the file is to big .

Comment

Originally posted by langleylad
                      Well , I started in on the Cougar yesterday . It was repainted about 20 years ago and not very well . So off it comes . Sand , sand , sand . I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out what I'm doing wrong . Apparently the file is to big .
                      NO NO NO!! Use sandpaper...

Comment

See , now this is why I love the forum so much ! Thanks for the help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

corny, most definately, punny, absolutely, ..... perfect ;D
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Well , I've sanded off the black repaint down to the original light green . I've found a few suprises , I knew I would . It's going to need some new metal in front of both rear wheels and behind one . It has only cost me my time so far .

Comment

Nice work, I have never attempted body work to that level.
                              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Looks to be in decent shape. I wish someone made quarter panels or at least patches for Cougars. I had to patch mine with pieces of Mustang fenders. It had rusted dents in the same spots yours does.

Comment

Working...
                                X