79 Malibu wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 Malibu wagon

Ive let this car sit for the last 6 months for lack of interest/weather/other projects.

Its in pretty sorry shape, but alot father than when I drug it home..

no motor, tranny or rear

traded a rusted out 79 malibu 2 coupe for it.

picked up a 1977 010 350 out of a ton ran on propane.

a gasket kit, few cans of engine paint and oven cleaner.

had the th350 from the bu I traded for it left over, and a spare rear from a parts car I bout

Now it sits, with a caliper with the bleeder screw broke, no engine fan or rad, flat tires, no alt. Either because of plans I had, i.e. better rad and e-fans adn cam swap (sold the cam).

new plan. bought caliper this morning, need to re-redneck the rad back in and put fan back on and junkyard find a alt. Get it running, pull chrome and bumpers/grill off. Paint the car with either rusteloeum or my dad recommends Sherman Williams version of the same stuff. Differnce is we have 6 gallons of the rusteloeum and we're out of the SW. Paint it flat black, paint wheels, bumpers and trim with gloss black, bondo the dash and cover it and plastics with truck bed liner.

Idea is just to get moving around and looking better to hold my interest, plus practice painting on, on the cheap then worry about what it will run in the quarter.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dont be scared to offend me.

Comment

love station wagons... what'd you do with the bbq carb?
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I like it. Been looking for a wagon myself for a parts hauler.
        Jeff
        Follow My Build

Comment

The G body platform is my thing.......like the longroofs for the rarity and form.......need to checkout maliburacing dot com a lot of good info there and parts for sale..........you have a very nice start there........keep up the updates matter how minor or mundane......local parts cars near me....................not a wagon......

Last edited by 383S-10; June 24, 2011, 12:48 PM.
          That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Only comment I have is, whats taking so long!!! I understand motivation weather, affects us all.

Nice wagon, have liked the body style wagon along with the fairmont wagons.
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
              need to checkout maliburacing dot com
              kyhunter89

Still has the same carb, running on gas, with zero tuning and no problems

I wanna build it like a high school kid would, because that was my original plans, and everyone needs a beater.

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post

There are a ton of good items on that parts car. I'd be dragging that home in a flash, lots of stuff there!

I'm really liking the wagon. At first I thought you were selling it, and I was scheming on how to go get it......My youngest has a '80 Malibu with a 500 Cadillac for motivation.

Last edited by STINEY; June 24, 2011, 12:55 PM.
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Oh and removing the hood "scoops"

Comment

this is the one that got me started

speaking of parts cars...

as for the long time line, I have a 64 GMC ton my Great granddad bought new, 85 cutlass I just picked up, 240sx needs paint, 2000 silverado that needs the new motor finished. I train in boxing and catch wrestling 6 days a week, lift, work 40 hours a week on third shift, go to church, help work two farms, to say the least, Im very tired. Right now im up since 2:30pm yesterday just so I can sleep tonight so ill wake up for boxing tomorrow. I still manage time to work on them, but I moved away for a year and couldn't work on it. Plus winters I dont do alot...

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                      There are a ton of good items on that parts car. I'd be dragging that home in a flash, lots of stuff there!
                      I see 78 only taillights and classic trunk trim, small front lights, look at my forsale thread on parts for a four door on MR and make some money off it.

Comment

I see wheel-well trim, windshield surround trim, header panel and lights, bumpers, and if I'm not mistaken it has a split bench. The mounts from the floorboard are the same pieces needed to convert to factory buckets, and they are easy to remove and resell.

Plus the stuff you mentioned. There has to be more in there too. Plus the carcass when its done, should be nearly $300 by itself.

What kind of farm work do you do? I work for a family that owns a CaseIH dealership and farms 6000 acres, mostly corn and beans with some wheat and hay mixed in. There is always plenty to do around here!

Comment

Beef farm, with a few acres of tobacco. Not no 6000 acres...

I have extra parts off the brown 4 door if anybody is interested.

Comment

Beef farm....ahhh.....the smell of money......

Keep us posted on the wagen, that should be a load of fun when ready.

Comment

Changed Calipers and put Battery terminal ends back on today. Ill need a helper to bleed them. I need to just keep making steady progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X