33' Buick Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33' Buick Rod

K, Guys well for those who dont know, this started off as a mild restoration.
    Upon the teardown and inspection we found the water jacket had a crack leading down into the
    crankcase. and the Spare motor we have is a larger block which wont fit in tnside the sedan. Once you realize
    this, the reality is that now 80% of the car is now worthless. Closed driveline,3 speed,mechanical brakes,etc...

I've got tons of pics, but of coarse little time so, per the usual i'll throw some up real quick.
    C.Morgan

This is what we started out with. A straight, little rust,complete car.

Stripped her down, stille with the intention of a traditional rod. That changed real quick.

Just because its a cool pic.

Comment

Stripped both axles, to try and figure out how to squeeze a corvette suspension in between
      the rails.
      Not all my pics are on my bucket acount. This is the stock front cradle
      out of the vette already cut down and stripped of its aluminum goodness.

Fast forward a couple weekends, and you get this.
      Obviously im leaving a lot out, but without pics its worthless to try.
      So like the BS on tv, jump ahead with me,without seeing any of the process.

Grabbed some bigs off a C3 frame i've got, and some extra skinnys for the front off the GN.

Comment

I did some brake fork on a 36 buick 4 door conv. its supposed to be 1 in 6 that are drivable. love me some buick style. It had a big straight 8. thats gonna be a cool ride!
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.
        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Just took these yesturday.
          This is a rough mock up.
          20" and 18" riddler wheels.

Obviously the camber has not been set,and the car is actually sitting about an inch or so lower
          than final will be.
          We'll be running a Cadillac 500 from Maximum Torque Specialties ( http://www.500cid.com/ ), and putting the grunt
          through a HM290 Getreg. Freshly rebuilt and ready to rock. Forgive the paint, it was bare aluminum.
          It soon will be again.

So there's a quick catch up guys, there's plenty more to come and for me to do.
          Sorry ive not been able to get on here with the frequency i could a couple years ago.
          Wish me luck.

Chris
          Last edited by CM325; December 9, 2011, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
            I did some brake fork on a 36 buick 4 door conv. its supposed to be 1 in 6 that are drivable. love me some buick style. It had a big straight 8. thats gonna be a cool ride!
            Thanks man, Yea we've got a couple. Here's a link to the first thread regarding the cars. You'll love the coupe.
            http://bangshift.com/forum/showthrea...uick-86S-HELP-!!!!

Comment

Great work!
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

that's awesome
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Dang, this thing is gonna be really cool! Keep up the good work!

Just wondering - have you made any progress on the Bugnotti project?
                  Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Really cool project. More Bugnotti too please!

Comment

Thanks guys,

No other than finding a piece or two here and there the "bug" is idle.
                      Financially i cant realy invest what id like righ now so I'm holding off a bit.
                      This is being paid for by work, so my wallet is out of the picture.

On a side note, these same pics were posted on another site, where my wheels were
                      deemed unHAMB friendly and the thread was closed. Glad to know you guys are more accepting of all things
                      with wheels...
                      Thanks bangshift !!!
                      Last edited by CM325; December 9, 2011, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CM325 View Post
                        Thanks guys,

No other than finding a piece or two here and there the "bug" is idle.
                        Financially i cant realy invest what id like righ now so I'm holding off a bit.
                        This is being paid for by work, so my wallet is out of the picture.

On a side note, these same pics were posted on another site, where my wheels were
                        deemed un *.%.@.# friendly and the thread was closed. Glad to know you guys are more accepting of all things
                        with wheels...
                        Thanks bangshift !!!
                        You can't hate a car with a stance like that! It's also great to see someone making progress on something instead of bashing the ideas or progress that others have made. This hobby would be pretty boring if everyone built everything the same way...
                        Still plays with trucks....

Comment

you're welcome here... I still love that car
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                          X