Sally gets some love--08 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sally gets some love--08 GT

I have been wanting to do something, anything to the Mustang. Just a little something to set it apart from the crowd. I like the clean white lines but I do love the black contrast the windows and the grill/headlights have against the paint....So I decided to do this....

It started out as a set of racing stripes with a 1.5 inch gap in the middle, then a set of stripes outlined with a pinstripe...but I was not feeling either one of them, they didnt have the look I was after....I think this nails exactly what I was looking for. It is still at the shop, we had to scuff and shoot some flattening agent over the black and let it cure. I should be picking it up today. What do you think?

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Looks like a cool idea, but I would have to see some pics of the car when you get it back.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

SHould look a little like this (not mine) This idea was milling aorund in my head for a while then I saw pics of this car and knew thats what I wanted..

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

exercise bike in the paint booth? they do say that exercise makes you high...
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

half paint booth, half storage room.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
            SHould look a little like this (not mine) This idea was milling aorund in my head for a while then I saw pics of this car and knew thats what I wanted..

I really like this hood....really aloy nicer than the one on mine now. wonder if the Ins. co will buy me one of those?
            I thought about blacking mine like that ...never got that far.
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Just don't lean on the black parts in the summer heat. It'll get more than hot enough fry your tuckus.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

In AZ during the summer, I wouldn't lean on the white parts either. haha. I don't lean on anything down here in the afternoon if I can avoid it, that much is for sure.

Looks good Joe, get us some pics with it back on the car?
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

He hit it with the flattening agent on Monday but it did not take so he had to sand it and respray, it had to cure 12 hours. I am hoping it will be done today or tomorrow, I am sick of people telling me I am missing my hood...No shit! Really? Damn hood stealing bastages!

Comment

Well, resanded, resprayed with hot rod black and clear mix...cure time done. Picked to hood up at 4pm yesterday and could not be more pleased. It is a subtle yet dramatic change to the car IMO...he is going to spray the tail panel next. After that I am done with paint...time to save my nickles and dimes for springs, intake, tuner, spoiler, splitter.

Comment

Nice!
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Thank you, I am really pleased....there will be more to come...its jsut a matter of the all mighty dollar....will be heading into the booth again shortly to black out the tail panel...maybe a spoiler...

Comment

It's amazing what a little paint can do, looks great. I'm sure the tail panel will look just as good.

Comment

Springs will be a nice addition. Even if it's not "slammed", the subtle drop just makes it look right.
                            1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                            1997 Mustang GT
                            sigpic

Comment

agreed, it sits a bit high, and these cars look great dropped a bit...much more of an agressive look.

Comment

Working...
                              X