No announcement yet.

AFFORDILLAC...another Cadillac Mustang.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFFORDILLAC...another Cadillac Mustang.

Years ago I put a 500 Cadillac in a Fox body jus to see how much nitrous one would take before blowing up and picked a light weight platform to do it in. Turned out to be so much fun, I entered it in HotRods PGD's and had a blast. Car ran a best of 9.97 @ 137 mph before I sold it.

Mustang powered by a 500.Only know him as LUXLX.11.40's on HP @ 118mphbest of 9.97 @ 136mph on spray(250hp shot)
    Last edited by AFFORDILLAC; January 8, 2013, 07:11 AM.

I kept the motor/trans combo when I sold the car. It now resides in this one that I've backhalved to try an run 9.50's with the lighter weight only. It's been a bench for years.

Theres a few companies out there today that are making great strides in the Cadillac performance arena that my goal of 8's are attainable I believe.
    Last edited by AFFORDILLAC; January 7, 2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

someday my 500 will have a home like that.... although, it may end up in a 4x4 project that's on the drawing boards - thinking a Scout would like 500 ci of torque
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Sorry...it resides in this one now.
        Last edited by AFFORDILLAC; January 7, 2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Comment

So I pealled the cover off and started back up again. Not gonna bore everyone with another Mustang build cause it's the same as every other, but I thought I'd show some of the means to get one in there and how nice a motor it is to work on.

Engine mount.

Look at the easy oil filter access on these...oil filter falls right in the pan.

Workin on mid plate mounts.

Maximum Torque Specialties is producing some wild pieces for Cadillacs these days....startin my journey with the flanges.

Gonna update as I go but mainly be on the Caddy thing.

Comment

SuperBuickGuy...a Scout would be badass. Torque is King. Thats what you need...another project...we should be neighbors.

Comment

Full exhaust with tailpipes...

Comment

You'll notice a common theme with all my projects...hence the name on my garage.

Comment

hmmmm... with a little blue bottle as well

we should be neighbors, you have no idea the temptation there is to put the twin turbo 430 Buick in my Corvette
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Good Golly Miss Molly - I wish we were neighbors - I'd beg for instruction time on tube bending and fabrication.... still up in the air on a cage in the falcon.

Well done indeed - I know it's "just another fox" but the caddy sure is a welcome twist of different and cool -- Stiney needs to see this thread.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I wouldn't try to convince you guys to move here...and I got way to much stuff to move elsewhere. Always welcome a good neighbor though! I dont mind the cuttin/bendin/weldin but you guys would have to do the smart stuff. Stiney and me are Caddy/VW brothers!

Comment

Sweet idea... keep us updated... hope the heater is working good..

Comment

any mods done to the 500 in the mustang in the video? how much nitrous were you running?
                            formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
                            http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

The Caddy was supposed to destroy itself...that was the plan anyway. It's a bone stock bottomend...jus ring/bearing/chain. Stock pistons, rodbolts, oil pump...everything. I toy'd with heads...stockers, 425's, and finally ported 120's with 2.11/1.77 Ponty valves. Played with multiple hyd cams, runs stock rockers with custom T pedistals, an Edelbrock intake, and Holley carb...motors done 5600/5800 rpms. Stupid thing jus has torque...2200 stall with 3.08's on a 28" tire @ 3275 lbs car ran 11.40's. In the video its a 200hp hit on a delay with street tires. The pic was 250 hp hit on slicks...best of 9.97 @ 137mph. Only issue I really had was pushing head gaskets with 30yr old head bolts...headstuds cured that problem to this day. Nolonger attempting to kill this mill...have to much respect for it now.
                              Last edited by AFFORDILLAC; January 13, 2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X