1930 Model A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1930 Model A

Did some horse trading and picked this up Saturday. Took a 10 hour drive and plenty of Diesel thanks to the West Texas wind storm we were blessed with, but made it home in one piece. The plan is to put the body on a new chasis and have a nice little hotrod. Any thoughts on the direction the build should go?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Loaded on the Road.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	879676
    Loaded and headed home

Name:	Engine.jpg
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	879675
    40hp Banger

Name:	Interior.jpg
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	879677
    Interior

Name:	Home (1024x768).jpg
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	879673

Name:	photo 3 (1024x768).jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	879674
    Home

The question is "What's it worth as it sits?" If you got a good enough deal on it you might be ahead to flip it and start with a new body given that they're available. It looks pretty good in the pics and some restoration guy might pay good money for it.

Anyhow, if you decide to build a rod out of it my fave on those is full fendered and channeled. PLEASE no SBC - been done to death. I'll make you a deal on a Buick Nailhead and I'll bet there are lots of other interesting engines out there. Rack4U found a 352 Packard fer Pete's sake! Bentsen's has adaptors for almost any engine to almost any trans.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; February 13, 2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I will sell it for the right price, If someone has interest. I would have no problem starting with a new body. What should I do with the roots blown small block on my test stand then....
      Last edited by 1Y; February 13, 2013, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I'd drive it as is for a while. Maybe throw some speed parts at the stock banger. Enjoy the time machine feel of its current condition.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Juice brakes w dual master cylinder, 12v conversion, T5. Vrooom!

Comment

Originally posted by 1Y View Post
            I will sell it for the right price, If someone has interest. I would have no problem starting with a new body. What should I do with the roots blown small block on my test stand then....
            Hey - it's your car. You asked for our input and that's mine. If I'm at a show the first thing I do is peek under the hood and if it's a SBC I just keep on walking. But if that would be fun for you, that's what you should do.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Hey - it's your car. You asked for our input and that's mine. If I'm at a show the first thing I do is peek under the hood and if it's a SBC I just keep on walking. But if that would be fun for you, that's what you should do.

Dan
              I feel ya, no feelers hurt here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                I'd drive it as is for a while. Maybe throw some speed parts at the stock banger. Enjoy the time machine feel of its current condition.
                It is a way back time machine for sure... Its more like driving a tractor than a car. I have no immediate plans to start a tear down on it, so it will sit as is for awhile. Upgraded brakes and electrical would be a major plus, that and the addtion of turn signals. I'm sure I have a learning curve going from "muscle car" era vehicles to this.

Comment

what kind of look are you going for ? 50s 60s era? keeping the fenders?
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by 1Y View Post
                    Ha...hook it up to an air raid siren and let the neighbors know who's BOSS!
                    Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                      what kind of look are you going for ? 50s 60s era? keeping the fenders?
                      We'll be fender less, not sure what era yet.

Comment

Full fendered hot rod...bitchin'
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Do you still have the coupe ?
                          Just finished a 60's resto rod style 1930 sedan.
                          If you want I'll show you pictures..

Comment

Originally posted by VAPHEAD View Post
                            Do you still have the coupe ?
                            Just finished a 60's resto rod style 1930 sedan.
                            If you want I'll show you pictures..

I do still have the car, and have changed plans a bit. I have decided to keep it full fendered and drop a flatty in it. Ill upload a few current pics. Lets see the pics!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Go with the 59AB motor, fit better then the later 8BA.
                              I stock the Tardel K member for A frames. How for along are you?

I've been on other forums, but have issues getting pictures to work..
                              Ah,I see below under posting permissions , I'm not allowed attachments..

Is it my post count?

Comment

Working...
                              X