Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatty patty - 1969 mustang pro street

Hey guys,

I am new here and thought I would post pictures of my current project. It is a 1969 mustang fastback pro street that started out as just a paint and tweak project and is now has a to do list that seems to be coming up on the mile long marker. Here is a short version of that list.

600 inch big block, I am shooting for 1000+ on motor and E85 or pump gas.
    two new full quarter panels, front and rear valance panels, two new door shells, and a new tail light panel.
    fiberglass hood.
    mustang II font suspension.
    air ride all the way around.
    custom floors.
    custom firewall.
    custom fender aprons.
    chromoly cage.
    second skin insulation.

and who knows what else.
    Now on to the pictures.

I got the RH quarter and both doors last night so I will have more pictures soon.

kody

Re: Fatty patty - 1969 mustang pro street

The next time, you might want to just go ahead and do a MAJOR rebuild! Just kidding, of course. Nice car, great project.

Have fun
    Dan

Comment

Thanks, this car has just blown up here in last few months it went from just a 17 year old kid build a mustang to a 17 year old kid with air ride technologies, DVdesigns, and second skin as sponsors and the list is slowly growing. So I can't ask for much more.

Comment

Dont know how I missed this one...very cool project...its good to see a car ith as much or more rust than mine.... ;).......keep us posted on progress

Comment

Very nice.....I want big tires!!!
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
            Dont know how I missed this one...very cool project...its good to see a car ith as much or more rust than mine.... ;).......keep us posted on progress
            That seems to be the only thing she is good at... rotting.

Well I have a quick little update not many pictures because it was raining and the shop beyond humid so the lense was fogging up.

I got my sides messed up on year one's web site RH LH... can't they just use P or D that would make it so easy so now the panel that is left to go on the car the RH quarter panel is the one that is out of stock.

Comment

Wow -
              tons of work there.... holy cow, nice work.... have you been keeping track of your hours?
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Big project, I love the lines on those cars. Keep us posted!

Comment

Thanks. I have not been counting hours because I have been working by myself so everythign takes a little longer, and it's a big project and there is no need to rush.

I have some new pictures. This is the frist quarter I have ever replaced so I am flying blind on this.

Comment

First time? holy cow - you aint afraid of anything are you?

Very nice - what kind of welder and welding wire are you using?

Who are you getting the panels from? I see the close up "down shot" of the door / quarter fit - but it's hard to see just how it fits.... are you satisfied with the panels overall?

I got panels from the padock for my '70 fastback in about '95, the outer wheelhouse and quarter did NOT fit well, it was a real pain to get things to line up at all, and it never was perfect.... hopefully panels have come a long way in quality since then.

what a cool car!
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                      First time? holy cow - you aint afraid of anything are you?

Very nice - what kind of welder and welding wire are you using?

Who are you getting the panels from? I see the close up "down shot" of the door / quarter fit - but it's hard to see just how it fits.... are you satisfied with the panels overall?

I got panels from the padock for my '70 fastback in about '95, the outer wheelhouse and quarter did NOT fit well, it was a real pain to get things to line up at all, and it never was perfect.... hopefully panels have come a long way in quality since then.

what a cool car!
                      No I try not make a big of stuff. Right now we don't have a welder lol, we where borrowing a welder but the guy needed it back so no welding, but he is done with his welder and said we could use it again. All the panels are from year one. I have yet to get everything out of the because the old quarter was patched with brass so I have to cut alot of stuff out to get the new panel to fit right and I am just setting it in there to see what has to be cut and cleaned up, but I love the year one panels the doors are a 16th of an inch longer then the stock doors so you will end with a touch tighter door gap but nothing that could cause problems. I will let you know how it goes together when I get it all on and lined up but I think it will go together just fine.

Also I would like to welcome IDIDIT INC. to our greatly appreciated sponsors list!

Comment

Nice work, keep us updated.

Comment

Thanks, I have been busting my butt on this car. I can't ask for more then doing what I love to do. We have a friend that works at a body shop that may come by this weekend and help us fit the quarter panel and tail light panel so when the other quarter gets in stock and is ordered we will know what to do. Right now I am just getting ready to rebuild the door jambs. And looking for more sponsors.

Comment

Well, I was talking to my dad yesterday and he said he talked to a friend of ours that does had built a few turbo motors, and the idae of a smaller cubic inch big block twin turbo motor was brought up so I don't know it would be nice to be abe to turn the juice down and run it on the steet. I wish we could make up our minds on this car. Also I am getting the doors, fenders, and quarter lined up so we can button up the one side and wait till we can get the other quarter ordered.

Comment

Awesome work....Good to see someone that gets in there and learns on the fly....

Keep it up.

Seth
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Working...
                              X