No announcement yet.

Rebeldryver's '65 Impala SS Black Betty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costs a little more to go first class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shelty View Post
      200 bucks ouch.

You can get cheaper ones for around $80.00.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        You can get cheaper ones for around $80.00.
        And do it again in a year or two..
        Last edited by Deaf Bob; March 5, 2016, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

And do it again in a year or two..

I have done that with Moog's crap too.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• When I did the ball joints on Truck (the Dodge) I found out that Moog makes at least 2 grades of components. The Rock Auto site shows both with the better stuff having (of course) a higher price. I think they're "service" and "professional" or something like that. Anyhow, buying cheap suspension parts didn't make sense to me and the stuff I got was STOUT. So far so good though I'll need a few more years to tell if they're as good as the OEM.

Dan

Comment

• I bought Moog's $60 lower ball joints for the Caprice. They both failed within two years of driving. This was when that car got maybe 1500 miles a year.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• 200 bucks sounds like a bargain. considering how much of a pain it is to replace some of that stuff.

luckily the PO did the ball joints before I bought the car. no clue what he used, but the front shocks and at least the lower joints look new. of course they didnt finish what they started as the tie rod ends are looking pretty haggard and all the rubber bushings in the steering assembly are pretty worn too....

its on the to-do list. not like the car is going anywhere right now....
                Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• Bill, I drove this car with the original tie rods up until 3 years ago. They were still working fine, but I replaced the adjusting sleeves to solid aluminum because I had trouble with the original sleeves first. One tie rod slipped making a hard turn. I replaced the tie rods at the same time.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    Bill, I drove this car with the original tie rods up until 3 years ago. They were still working fine, but I replaced the adjusting sleeves to solid aluminum because I had trouble with the original sleeves first. One tie rod slipped making a hard turn. I replaced the tie rods at the same time.
                    the aluminum sleeves are on the list.
                    Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

• I kept the rallys off my Caprice when I sold the car. My friend wanted to see how they looked on his '63 Impala. He kept them. Traded me for these. I tried them on last night.
                      Last edited by Scott Liggett; March 10, 2016, 06:58 AM.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Classy wheels, would ditch the raised white letter though, doesn't seem to fit the car in my opinion.

Comment

• I'm digging the wheels. With the black (even if it was gloss) I think the raised white letters look great. With the evening orchid... I'd have to wait till you get it painted. Are they blackwalls on the otherside of the tires?
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

• The wheels seem right for this car. I say "Keep 'em".

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
                              I'm digging the wheels. With the black (even if it was gloss) I think the raised white letters look great. With the evening orchid... I'd have to wait till you get it painted. Are they blackwalls on the otherside of the tires?
                              I am not remounting the tires. I like raised white letters out. I had this car with the Cragar's and BFG's like that for years. These are just spare wheels and tires for when I don't want to be driving on my 18" Nitto's, like in snow. Nothing more. The tires are 14 years old, the wheels have some pitting. I am not going reengineer my whole car around them.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Traded my rallys to a friend for these chromed 5 spokes. Not sure of the brand. Two center caps say Unique and the others say Pacer. They all have 3 1/2" back spacing, though the backs have a deeper dish but dont seem to be wider.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X