Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oleynik Enclosed hauler-SOLD! WENT DOWN UNDER-UPDATE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oleynik Enclosed hauler-SOLD! WENT DOWN UNDER-UPDATE!!

you all may recall my previous search for this thing- http://www.carjunkietv.com/forum/index.php?topic=2106.0 I was thrilled to find one local and dive into niceing up a couple of years worth of neglect. I have used it a couple of times this summer and my partner has as as well-I love it and HE HATES IT (ok he doesn't hate it, it just is not as convenient as a daily driver pickup, which it isn't) and wants to go back to a pickup and a trailer. I have a ton of photos available, here is the description-
    1973 GMC C6000/Oleynik enclosed body
    Rarely available, medium duty truck with very good condition Oleynik sleeper/hauler.
    Originally built in 1973 for Sam Gianino, owned/cared for and used by west coast super stock racers since 1982, who we purchased it from last winter. Truck has fresh big block and new clutch, 5 speed with 2-spd rear Axle, COLD WORKING A/C, power stg and brakes. Chrome bumper grille/wheels! 6 new tires/tubes/liners (14 ply RADIALS, no junk recaps!! Over 2k in new tires alone!) Recently reupholstered and covered front seat. 2 new batteries and cables, recent powder coat to all handles. Brown hauler body with oak floor, converted by Oleynik, large sleeper compartment, room for 112-inch wheelbase car in current configuration. (See Photos of Buick GS inside hauler.) Risers can easily be lengthened to fit longer wheelbase car. Truck overall length is 32 feet. Body interior length is 24 feet, front 3 feet are sleeper compartment, then 7 feet of storage/cabinet areas in front of car, then risers car sits on are 14 ft 6 inches to rear door. Engine hoist on rear of body, 3k lb winch, Honda generator, small air compressor and microwave and 110 lights all working off generator at this time. Includes porta potty as well. Excellent storage cabinets above sleeper and on left and right sides, 36-inch entry door. Holds 100 gallons of fuel in factory side tanks, 4 belly boxes and aluminum skirting around lower truck body. GVW is 19,000 lbs, currently registered in Ca. as motorhome, no cdl required. With my 4000 lb car and tools inside, it weighs 17,200 lbs!! Room for extra eng/tools/equip as needed without being overweight!! Has class 4 receiver hitch welded into rear for trailer towing. Currently owned by ex-Hemi super stock racer. $12,000.00 will consider trade for 22-24 foot Featherlite enclosed trailer, MUST BE GOOSENECK/5TH WHEEL! [email protected]
    818-998-0300 RUDY OR 805-381-1619 SCott

note newly refinished oak floor

newly refinished floor pics

67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
    05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Re: Oleynik Enclosed hauler-1973 GMC 6000-it pains me to do this!

Nice! Wish I could afford it.

Sam Giannino is out living on an island somewhere now, isn't he?

Comment

God that thing is cool.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

WOW. I have no need for it, couldn't afford it if I tried, but wow...
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

That clear oak floor in the hauler is curently stripped and being refinished as well!!

Comment

Quite cool; and I suppose the bonus to me would be I know it can haul an orange Buick.... although mine isn't as worthy as yours.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneshrink
              Quite cool; and I suppose the bonus to me would be I know it can haul an orange Buick.... although mine isn't as worthy as yours.
              why wouldn't your skylark be as worthy as mine? it IS ORANGE!! hauler floor is now refinished, new pics soon as I get some

Comment

posted some new photos of the refinished floor in the hauler, check it out

Comment

Orange covers a myriad flaws in my flawed bodywork...
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Re: Oleynik Enclosed hauler-SOLD! GOING DOWN UNDER!!

A racer in Austrailia, with a very wicked black 67 vette, blower/pro mod style, has purchased this very nice truck. Interestingly, he says the general pickup truck selection we enjoy here does not even exist down there and he has been using a 1964 half ton chevy he imported with an open trailer he built. the rub here is, if it is over 30 years old, it does not have to be converted to right hand drive, so he was quite enthused to get his car "indoors" while traveling, and have an excellent condition truck that uses the loopholes for importation.

Comment

What does it cost to ship something like that to Australia? DF, any idea after sending the HR Spl over?

Comment

I think Turk actually sent the HR special....If I remember correctly is was REALLY expensive....

Seth
                        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Like 5k one way, including insurance. You can get it down to like 3k.

Comment

now that gas is 2 bucks a gallon again, I want to hit my partner in the head-he didn't like driving it much but really complained about fueling it. I know the gas prices won't stay down, but I miss that truck!! I'm gonna have to borrow someones trailer to pickup my next project......................
                            on the plus side, I know where there are 2 more of those things :D ;D All that digging for that one turned up more than one, I just bought the best one available att he time.

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                              Like 5k one way, including insurance. You can get it down to like 3k.
                              That price would be putting it in a shipping container. To ship that truck down here is going to cost much $$$$$$$ as it will not be going into a container ???
                              Tim
                              Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X