C notching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C notching

I have a older pu 1952 f1 have lower it a couple times... Now its running S10 springs in the rear with home made bracket's it has a slight rake to it looks good... but now i want to try larger tires from 275x60x15 to 315x60x15 the 315 is 2" taller so it will raise the rear a 1"... so thinking of notching the frame to lower it the 1" to 1 1/2" it has a channel type frame does anyone have pic. of there notch job and loweing blocks not sure if lowering blocks are good when using it for street strip could raise spring brackets to lower rear but is alot of work...
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

I'd Google it. I'm pretty sure that there are magazine articles on this and maybe the Power Block guys have a vid of it - it rings a bell for me. Never did one myself so I'm pretty much useless as far as first hand experience.

Dan

Comment

Dale.. I dont recall how tall your frame rail is but you might
      think about boxing it in, in that area and overlap the box onto
      the frame for a short distance to keep the strength... just a thought

Comment

if you C notch the frame I recommend plating the inside of the frame rails

another thing you can do is if you use lowering blocks is to also shim shim angle blocks to compensate for the pinion angle, I believe SPEEDWAY Motors sells them

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

yeah, nice heavy piece of 4" pipe cut in half does nice work.

Are you gonna have enough room for those bigger tires if you lower it another inch? maybe work would be less by raising the front an inch to keep the rake.

(always trying to get hot rods back up in the air lol)

Comment

Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by anotheridiot View Post
              yeah, nice heavy piece of 4" pipe cut in half does nice work.

Are you gonna have enough room for those bigger tires if you lower it another inch? maybe work would be less by raising the front an inch to keep the rake.

(always trying to get hot rods back up in the air lol)
              been thinking about raising the front but like the look it has now will see in a couple weeks when i start the work on it.

Comment

cool site thanks

Comment

Working...
                X