No announcement yet.

Well i did it now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well got some primer on the fender's hope to block it out this week and paint sat. if weather is good
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
      well got some primer on the fender's hope to block it out this week and paint sat. if weather is good
      Earl Schieb would have been much faster at your pace you can tell your retired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post
        Earl Schieb would have been much faster at your pace you can tell your retired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        And you think he is slow.... LOL... you havent seen my progress.. now I'm slow
        and yes retired so I have the time... LOL
        and the painting part is the easy part... its getting to that point
        that eats up the time
        Last edited by MR P-BODY; April 30, 2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

some can pay for there work other do it them self RB

Comment

some can pay for there work other do it them self RB
            You know the paint will dry with out you sitting there and watching it dry ( GET ER DONE)!!!!!!!! Maybe you and your retires could work and drink coffee at the same time to get something done or just skip your Mcdonalds coffee break with all the old farts and work on finishing at your pace Sept is not that far away ( Just a thought)

Comment

You know the paint will dry with out you sitting there and watching it dry ( GET ER DONE)!!!!!!!! Maybe you and your retires could work and drink coffee at the same time to get something done or just skip your Mcdonalds coffee break with all the old farts and work on finishing at your pace Sept is not that far away ( Just a thought)
              your right on that it seems that I cant get it ready for paint yesterday I sanded thru the primer twice. ill get it done by june
              Last edited by quick 52; May 1, 2013, 04:05 AM.

Comment

LOL... I'd be lucky to finish by June at the rate I'm going.... if I
                put the windshield in it I might have enough parts to run this
                fall... I guess I could hold the doors closed with a strap

Comment

worked on the truck for a few hour time to take a nap try to work on tomorrow and get ready for painting sat...

Comment

worked on the truck for a few hour time to take a nap try to work on tomorrow and get ready for painting sat...
                    Why Rush Sept is 4 months away!!!!!!!!!!!! Slacker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think I'm ready for paint.. I went through the last little BS things
                      that were bugging me and got them done... guide coated the whole side
                      today out in the sun light.... it is what it is... I'll do the other side tomorrow
                      then start cleaning and setting up the booth... I'll pull the rest of the paper
                      and plastic off today and blow off the car then put it away till morning

Comment

sand it with a brick paint it with a broom!

LOL

I'm sure you'll be one of the few that will recognize any flaws - we tend to be our own worst critics.

Here's to the best paint job you've sprayed yet.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Dale stopped by my place today and after looking at and feeling my car
                          he was saying... paint it.... its STRAIGHT.. lol.. it is... but there is always
                          that but... I did the other side today before I pulled it back in ... so tomorrow
                          after a minor bit of sanding its time to start cleaning and setting up the booth
                          EDIT
                          I'll let this get back to Dales build... sorry for the side track
                          Last edited by MR P-BODY; May 1, 2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

today looks good.... time to get at it and finish sanding and touch up the bare spots ...

Comment

got the fenders and tailgate ready for paint tomorrow... cleaned on the shop thought it was pretty clean till you start blowing it out... washed the booth out and going for it ...

Comment

got the fenders and tailgate ready for paint tomorrow... cleaned on the shop thought it was pretty clean till you start blowing it out... washed the booth out and going for it ...
                                Good luck with it Dale.... I was cleaning also today... car and the shop...
                                I'll be doing the same thing tomorrow.. more cleaning

Comment

Working...
                                X