Getting Blown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Blown

Anyone have experience using a Detroit Diesel 6-71 on street rods? I heard they need to have a conversion kit to run gas, but has anyone ever used one? Figure the only way I will get blown is if I go on the cheep and try to resurrect one of these old timers.

do you have a mill? You need to teflon strip the rotors otherwise it won't make much (if any) boost.

but yes, if you use decent rods - you can run a low psi blower on it.... however, as with anything when you go low-buck, your mileage may vary.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

You need Squirrel to chime in on this, his blown 55 Chevy has been on the road for years with one. He is the guy to ask such things.

Comment

Mine was set up by BDS. No teflon....it's not needed on a street 6-71.

There are how to articles on setting up a blower, I think there's one on the hamb from a couple years ago, also "street supercharging" by Ganhal has some info. You're going to spin the blower at least twice as fast as on the diesel, you need to make some changes.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'll Add Pics later Today. 6-71 Detroit Diesel Supercharger to 6-71 Blower First thing you need to do is pull it apart make sure there are no...

thread about converting a blower
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Thanks guys, especially squirrel for that link.

Comment

Working...
            X