No announcement yet.

devistating news from HOTROD .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cat always lands on its feet and Robs a cat.Maybe abit of a fat cat but a cat just the same.LOL. And I renewed for 2 years.Oh well.With his knowledge,wisdom and expertise he will be better off.

Comment

sucks, but someone thought they needed a change,, sorry to say this but I think the fact that more people liked d/f's baby HRD than what hot rod was pump'n out, was a nail in the coffin..
      and intodays market hotrod and car chaft might be better served as a bimonthy mag, as the mag is mighty thin now..
      and 80% ads

Comment

What also sucks is I believe Rob allowed DF some breathing room away from the desk.

That extra time gave us;
        Barn Find Buick Rescue part one....

Part two....

Super Bee Rebuild
        Part one...

Part two...

and the Crusher Camaro road trip..

I LOVED all three of these series!! Hell, MY WIFE freaking watched these videos with me!
        I have a feeling with all editorial responsibilities falling on DF....these cool extras are going to go away
        Last edited by andy30thz; August 10, 2011, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Well put, that's what I was trying to say earlier in the thread.

Comment

I will miss Rob, he is a true good guy. Hot Rod will be less without him. Good Luck Man! Jeff
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

My initial comment may have come off as callous, which wasn't my intention. I have the greatest respect for both Rob and DF. I hope that Rob's considerable talents find a home as quickly and painlessly as possible.

The publishing business is a tough one.
              I'm still learning

Comment

maybe the b.s. freaks will have a voice now.. (wasn't lost on management at all)I'm sure they read and see whats happening..
                to bad they don't read/fix their own forum board

Comment

Rob will be missed greatly..Hot Rod was Rob and DF.. Without Rob we only get 50% of the whole magazine..Maybe we should pay 50% of the bill for our subscription..ALL of the Hot Rod events will be of lesser value with out Rob..WTF are they thinking??? We will miss you Rob and I hope you do well soon and never look back..
                  I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                    maybe the b.s. freaks will have a voice now.. (wasn't lost on management at all)I'm sure they read and see whats happening..
                    to bad they don't read/fix their own forum board
                    no kidding, that forum is *so* hard to navigate - and is 100% free of features!
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

We met Rob in 2008 on Power Tour, ran into him late night downtown Nashville this year, although we know he had places to be, Rob took time to stop and visit for a few minutes. He will be missed, best of luck to you Rob!!
                      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I really like Rob, when I went to Drag Week 08 I knew no one. I was in the hotel bar in bowwling green when people started coming in, then Rob showed up by last call we were the only ones left drinking rum and cokes he told what a good time I would have and was right. With his interests he could work for Car and Driver and be a great editor there.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                          Rob will be missed greatly..Hot Rod was Rob and DF.. Without Rob we only get 50% of the whole magazine..Maybe we should pay 50% of the bill for our subscription..ALL of the Hot Rod events will be of lesser value with out Rob..WTF are they thinking??? We will miss you Rob and I hope you do well soon and never look back..
                          the same thing was said when matt king left

Comment

Wow! That really sucks for my own personal reasons! I will miss seeing him and visiting with him at the events. Rob, Kieth, Tonya, and DF have always been really cool to us, they are always real down to earth and approachable people.
                            Hopefully Rob is ok with it and maybe better off too, who knows? No doubt he is very talented and will do fine wherever he is at.
                            sigpic

Comment

B H nailed it....the publishing business is a tough one. I read DF and Rob the day I get the mag and then it goes in the rotation to finish depending on the articles compared to the other 12 I get.......oh yeah, anyone that believes that they make a nickle off of subscriptions ain't got it figured out right. my guess is circulation numbers are just a way to price ads. FOLLOW THE MONEY

oh yeah, I will definitely miss Rob....his column was boss.
                              Last edited by 173rdherd; August 12, 2011, 10:36 AM.
                              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

We will miss you Rob. Let us know where you land!

Good Times! Pump Gas Drags ( let me know if this needs to vanish Rob)

Last edited by JeffMcKC; August 12, 2011, 10:57 AM.
                                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                                X