Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone made a 426 Hemi live through Drag Week yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have seen Lifters replaced in Lutz's '57 in less than 2 hrs, so you know you can do it!!!

I take it you have got the DW bug.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Steve Atwell made it the whole week of 2006 in a Hemi Belvedere.

Comment

Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post
        If i do this i want the full DW experience. I figure what better way to insure I have the max amount of pain and suffering and fun than to stick an overweight engine with a valvtrain waiting to explode at any given moment in my '55.
        sounds like a good plan. You don't want a BBC, they're too reliable. And a bonus with the hemi is that no one else will have any valvetrain parts that would come anywhere close to working in it.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Atleast you're not going to put an LS in it, thank GOD.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post
            If i do this i want the full DW experience. I figure what better way to insure I have the max amount of pain and suffering and fun than to stick an overweight engine with a valvtrain waiting to explode at any given moment in my '55.

and it wont be the one from the 'Bee.
            Make sure to enter early! LMAO

Just switch the names on the before and after then add Drag Week

Last edited by JeffMcKC; September 28, 2012, 01:10 PM.
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

here's the full size picture

Click image for larger version

Name:	blownup.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	864295
              My fabulous web page

Comment

I cant work my phone either
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I'd note that the Gen III Hemis in the DD-class Challengers didn't do much this year (except reportedly provoke a fight between teammates (family) on Friday night in Tulsa). I didn't see any of 'em that would hang with my store-bought, nitrousless pony.

Comment

We're talking about engines with hemispherical combustion chambers. Not the late model stuff.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

lmao
                      63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

As mentioned previously, Atwell's Hemi Dart in 2005 is one right off the top of my head. Steve had to replace a lifter or two along the way. He did one in a gas station parking lot on the way to Columbus, Ohio. I was there hanging out, essentially watching him work when a local guy came by and with the four teeth he had said, "I had one of these in high school!" Steve, being the cool guy that he is, smiled and said, "cool". Steve's car is a legit Hurst Hemi Dart made of pure unobtanium and equipped with the infamous "this car is not for highway use" tag. It was incredible to see that piece of history actually compete and finish the event...averaging 11.01.
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

seeing that car run DW would be worth the price of admission.
                          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

It was.
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot View Post
                              I'd note that the Gen III Hemis in the DD-class Challengers didn't do much this year (except reportedly provoke a fight between teammates (family) on Friday night in Tulsa). I didn't see any of 'em that would hang with my store-bought, nitrousless pony.
                              50+ more HP and 400 pounds light Id hope you were faster.

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                                It was.
                                x2. The next year he brought the Plymouth Belvedere
                                and I was lucky enough to make a pass in it. Crazy torque.
                                Last edited by Paul Whalen; September 29, 2012, 08:54 AM.
                                used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X