Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bout' a Car Junkie "Drag Week" Winter series???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bout' a Car Junkie "Drag Week" Winter series???

I read that DF may not be welcomed at Drag Week next year.. : I say since Drag Week was Davids brain child, we show support for a Southern run of an event much like "Drag Week", just need another name, since that ones taken. ;D How would you guys up North like to take a trip south in the middle of Winter for some good ole' drag racing and cruising in the southern warmth?? ;D

I say we start right here and right now with a possible list of those of you that would be ready to have a Winter series "Drag Week" type event...

You can count me in!! I say around February, that gives us time to recoup from the Holidays.

Re: How bout' a Car Junkie "Drag Week" Winter series???

Eddie,

Sounds like a great excuse for our northern friends to come south for a week. I have no chance of winning anything but would jump at the chance to do a DW if not so far away. If you see my car on a trailer, it's been stolen so I would be driving it to any event. How about a schedule like this?

Gainesville
    Moroso
    Bradenton
    South George MSP
    Gainesville

Comment

Being out of the drag race arena, I won't bring a car, but you can count on me as a volunteer. Sounds like fun. BTW - NC is too chilly from about late November until March or so, so you will want to go bit further down. Although I'd love to have y'all here.

Dan

Comment

Well Eddie this isn't a week long thing but Hub City dragway in Hattiesburg,Ms. is having a Street Car shootout Dec. 29th. Supposed to have classes for drag radials, true street tires, power adders etc. Thought you might be interested. I plan on taking the Coronet to do some PGD type tuning.

Comment

Just for fun, Coastal Plains Raceway (I think that's right) in Jacksonville, NC always runs a New Year's race. I haven't been, but I think it's just kind of a run what ya brung kind of thing. They have a website if you're interested. Our weather is kind of iffy that time of year, but it generally comes off OK.

Dan

Comment

Eddie, Will you have your car done in time??? ;D ;D Id love to do it since I had to shovel SNOW today.

Comment

don, dont the shovel scratch up the tv screen?

Comment

Hoew about make it a real winter and have it in the snow j/k . Sound like good idea.
                HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Working...
                X