No announcement yet.

Your most memorable DW drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that reminds me of Shreveport last year.. We get to hotel about 9pm. Goin to check in. A couple of young "girls" walk by me and Dad, then Tom/Kim. Walk up to Toms brother, who is driving solo. Ask him if he needs a "date"..... He said no.. We found out when we were eating supper later at the IHOP. WE asked him how much.. He didn't ask, I woulda at least asked how much.. Just curious of course!!

I selp with the room window open ALL night! Listening for any sounds towards my truck!!
    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
      The monsoon in Ohio... it was up to the running boards on Quick52 truck... we seen
      the car floating in the underpass and the semi down in there... that was only minutes
      after a tornado hit just up the road from us... we played hell getting around that underpass
      as traffic was pretty much at a stand still
      Also I'll add that when we were running 75 south from Milan into Ohio
      the rain was coming down maybe harder than I have ever seen.. and
      Dales wipers didnt work... also no defroster in the truck... I was wiping
      the inside of the windshield with a towel about every 30 seconds to wipe
      the fog off the inside.... and Dale was wondering how well the drag radials
      would do in the rain.... so he put the boot to it a FEW times(of course we
      cant see squat)... but to our surprise they have good bite.... it was that day
      that I KNEW damn a well that I was gonna have wipers and a defroster of
      some type in my ride.... and I do

Comment

Wild Ride

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
        Also I'll add that when we were running 75 south from Milan into Ohio
        the rain was coming down maybe harder than I have ever seen.. and
        Dales wipers didnt work... also no defroster in the truck... I was wiping
        the inside of the windshield with a towel about every 30 seconds to wipe
        the fog off the inside.... and Dale was wondering how well the drag radials
        would do in the rain.... so he put the boot to it a FEW times(of course we
        cant see squat)... but to our surprise they have good bite.... it was that day
        that I KNEW damn a well that I was gonna have wipers and a defroster of
        some type in my ride.... and I do
        ---------------------------------------------
        P,
        In 2010, We went out to Milan Dragway to see our first DW.We met a couple of guys, (Rick & Luke) from Beyond Red line Engineering.

They were running a 1955 Chevy, tube axle, 496 BBC, with old school blower, running slicks,Moroso front runners, no spare tires, and no wipers.
        I think they ran approx 8.80 @160MPH.
        These guys were real bad ass!

Their performance got us hooked on DW!!
        R, Carl
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Zink View Post
          ---------------------------------------------
          P,
          In 2010, We went out to Milan Dragway to see our first DW.We met a couple of guys, (Rick & Luke) from Beyond Red line Engineering.

They were running a 1955 Chevy, tube axle, 496 BBC, with old school blower, running slicks,Moroso front runners, no spare tires, and no wipers.
          I think they ran approx 8.80 @160MPH.
          These guys were real bad ass!

Their performance got us hooked on DW!!
          R, Carl
          Yeah I remember that ride.... I thought they changed rear tires... guess not
          EDIT
          They must have played hell on that ride out of Milan.. that must have
          been the ultimate white knuckle ride for a few hours
          Last edited by MR P-BODY; April 23, 2013, 03:42 PM.

Comment

In 2008 I was running with Crow and Larson before I stuck it on the bumper, pretty good system they would eat ice cream, I would get a 15 min head start then they would catch and pass me before the next gas stop, I would pull in and fill up to get my head start, this guy leans over to me at the gas station while they where inside getting Scooby Snacks, and says "man you see those Race Cars that pulled in over there a while ago", I lean up look at theirs, look at mine and asked what the hell does mine look like? He shrugs his shoulders, and walks inside to get a drink while I take off to get my head start. I guess the trailer threw him off.
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by ksuhre View Post
              That's funny. You know, I've been trying to figure out if I want to do any upgrades this year. Supercharging the transmission sounds like it might be just the ticket! And, it will match my supercharged motor. Think I'll call Art Whipple and see what he has for that. Can you supercharge a manual transmission, or only an automatic?
              Mad Max Style pull the two speed button
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by slimbo5 View Post
                Vac gauge is at 5... That's internal engine vacuum. Needless to say I wound it up a little to hear it sing in the tunnel. Isn't that mandatory?
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                  "man you see those Race Cars that pulled in over there a while ago", I lean up look at theirs, look at mine and asked what the hell does mine look like? He shrugs his shoulders, and walks inside to get a drink while I take off to get my head start. I guess the trailer threw him off.
                  You just need more stickers, man. I had to tell somebody about DW nearly anytime I stopped my "storebought" car.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                    You just need more stickers, man. I had to tell somebody about DW nearly anytime I stopped my "storebought" car.
                    They then asked if you were a mule.......

JUST JOKING!!
                    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Second after Chicago Heights had to be pulling into one of the host hotels at DW '07 and some guy in a #3 shirt hanging out of the fourth floor window yells, "nice Camaro!".
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Dayum!

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                          Second after Chicago Heights had to be pulling into one of the host hotels at DW '07 and some guy in a #3 shirt hanging out of the fourth floor window yells, "nice Camaro!".
                          Ha! An uneducated spectator! Reminds me of the stop at Summit Racing in 2009. Joel and I pull into the parking lot with my black '64 Galaxie, bench seat, column shift, pretty sleeperish. The suits from Summit are standing out front greeting the racers, and they all watched us pull in. We got up to the door and one of them says, "What are you running?". I said, "9.50s." He gets a confused look on his face and says, "Oh, are you guys running the eighth mile?" That comment kept us laughing all week!

Comment

Guess that explains why I buy more parts from Jegs.LOL

Comment

All I know is i met a bunch of guys that used to have cars just like mine!
                              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                                C'mon man, give me a break! I had a few beers and didn't have my glasses on!

Comment

Working...
                                X