Testing car for drag week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing car for drag week

When I was confirmed a spot for drag week .. I decided to upgrade my 347 to its big brother 408 sbf. .. It showed up 6 weeks later than it was suppose to about 10 days ago .. Got it installed in the car and running ..last weekend .. Drove some this week worked some of the bugs out .. Yesterday went for a 200 mile drive to break motor in .. Today I drove to the closest track is 2 1/2 hr away .. First run 12.1 Et (@3500 ft nhra calc to sea level 11.7). Did 6 runs had shift issue .. Stopper adjusted to tight and didn't want to go into 3rd at rpm.
    Took drag tires of ( one MT in back seat not enough rom in trunk for both ). Then drove home ..
    Need launching practice ( always fun in stick car).
    Cant wait for drag week 6600 mile round trip .. 11 sec dd here .. No trailer queen
    What's everyone else doing to get ready .. For the sept adventure ?

sounds like a great weekend Bob. All I did is drive 800mies for a transmission. your weekend sounds like more fun.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I put about 10 miles on mine yesterday... then pulled the intake off to find
      where I was sucking in oil into the cylinders... found that the bottom of the
      intake ports isnt sealed to the heads and is sucking in oil... I'll work on correcting
      that today... if need be I'll throw it on my milling fixture and mill it

Comment

Good day, (and a stick car at that). I'm just rebuilding a transmission.
        Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Drove mine a bit. Made an aluminum exhaust for it this weekend and dropped my other motor off machine shop

Comment

100 miles Saturday. Found out my heim ends on my 15 year old Santhuff shocks are in terrible shape. Need more spring on the front of the car.

Comment

$80 for new ones. They are wider so they should displace the load across more of the mounting bolt.

Comment

I drove 1800 miles for the Power Tour. Can't beat the 'tour for driving through everything and working out the bugs.

That being said, I averaged about 20mpg (best tank 25.7) and only replaced a fan fuse. What can I say...I friggin love the LSx platform.

Comment

I drove the 55 into town to the car club's ice cream social at the park. The battery still works....I had to jump start a friend's phantom Nova 2 dr wagon....
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Lets see improvements over last year, more gear more compression bigger cam adjustable rear shocks and no place to test because both of the tracks are closed.

Comment

Just to make the day better ..I travelled up with a Nissan GTR .. I ran faster .. He ran a 12.2
                      Last edited by bobs302z; June 24, 2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

I can't wait to start testing mine. I did so many upgrades this year that my heads spinning. Took out the old 350 and the paxton super charger. Put in a 502 ramjet with nitrous and internal modifications. Took out the 12 bolt with Detroit locker and put in a new strange ford 9inch narrowed. Took the old vette rallys off and put weld 17 rts wheels in front and 15 rt wheels in back. Rebuilt the doug nash 5 speed due to the seal retainer snapping. New gauges , ac , and suspension up front. All that and I still have yet to even hear the engine start for the first time. Im going crazy not being at your stages.

Comment

Waiting for a bigger motor to be done, and getting everything else ready, spare fuel pump all plumbed in, just change one one electrical connection and open a valve and back up pump is running. ALso getting trailer sorted out!! 64 days, damn it is getting closer!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

I had engine problems in the Rampage ..so I pulled the engine out of my
                            race car(was my back up engine with low compression).. I tore it down to
                            freshen it up.. those parts should be here Monday... mean while this weekend
                            I'll pull the engine out of the Rampage .. it never ends

Comment

I had a fuel pump relay quit on me today, wtf it's only been four or so years and 60,000 miles. I just swapped my staged fuel pump relay over until I got a new one.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X