Upgrading the Badmaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading the Badmaro

Hi everybody, you probably don't remember me but I'm Alex Taylor, the girl that went on Drag Week this year with my orange 68 Camaro. I had an old thread on here called "Finishing Up!" but because of school and winter I haven't been on in while. Race season is on its way and I can't wait to be back on the track. But like everyone that races, I want to go faster this year. I had the awesome opportunity to go to the PRI show in Indy and met many nice people and we got a direction to take the Badmaro for this year. I'm really excited today because my new BorgWarner turbos came in! Dads proably going to hold the power back until I have more seat time. But hopefully by Drag Week he'll let me turn it up! As we progress with the build I'll keep this up to date. It will be a slow process but we should have it ready for race season.Click image for larger version

Name:	turboalex_zps6813bdac.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	880953
    Click image for larger version

Name:	turbos_zps0b9d4ff4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	880954

Anyway, those ought to up the ante quite a bit!

Make sure you post up on here to keep us updated and better start thinking about getting your NHRA license because that thing is gonna be a rocket.
    Last edited by BBR; February 5, 2014, 10:11 AM.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Congrats on the turbo's.DW 14 be here before we know it.

Comment

Nice!

If I copied that pose holding one of my Chinese turbos, it wouldn't be nearly as aesthetic.

Comment

Cool.... do you know the specs on those hair dryers ...I can see 055 but whats
          the other side.... I am going to a pair of them also but I wont have them on this
          year... or on this engine for that matter

Comment

Forget Daily Driver for sure. Turbos looking great, have fun with the mods.
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
              Forget Daily Driver for sure. Turbos looking great, have fun with the mods.
              I'm just using them to help out the mufflers... LOL

Comment

Too cool. Turbos + LS = awesome. Actually, turbo + anything = awesome. It's just a jet engine with pistons in the way.

Comment

[post deleted]
                  Last edited by 38P; February 5, 2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Here is an opportunity gone wrong. Like I tell my 13 year old all the time, take a breath, think about what you think you want to say for a few seconds, and then decide if it's really the smart thing to say.

Outsider, you are annoying people. Lots of people, and I'm having to hear about it. You seem to be an intelligent guy, so my suggestion in a situation like this, knowing that you are on thin ice with a lot of folks on the forum, would be to start a completely different thread titled "Does Turbo + Anything = Awesome?". You could then have put in your Sprint photos and videos and then come back into this thread with a reply that said. "Hmmmm not sure on the "anything" part. Check out my new thread (insert link to your new thread here.)"

Instead, the public response is that you have hijacked this thread and screwed up Alex's thread about her upgrades for Drag Week.

THINK, and stop posting in this thread.
                    Last edited by BangShiftChad; February 5, 2014, 09:47 AM.
                    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
                      Here is an opportunity gone wrong. Like I tell my 13 year old all the time, take a breath, think about what you think you want to say for a few seconds, and then decide if it's really the smart thing to say.

Outsider, you are annoying people. Lots of people, and I'm having to hear about it. You seem to be an intelligent guy, so my suggestion in a situation like this, knowing that you are on thin ice with a lot of folks on the forum, would be to start a completely different thread titled "Does Turbo + Anything = Awesome?". You could then have put in your Sprint photos and videos and then come back into this thread with a reply that said. "Hmmmm not sure on the "anything" part. Check out my new thread (insert link to your new thread here.)"

Instead, the public response is that you have hijacked this thread and screwed up Alex's thread about her upgrades for Drag Week.

THINK, and stop posting in this thread.

Thank you Chad ....
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Wow - this is uber fantastic - you're a VERY lucky young lady.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

As soon as she can she WILL need to go get a NHRA license to match
                          the ET she will see... even if dad is holding it back

Comment

that's awesome! I can't wait to see the progress! i'm diving into an 6.0/4l80e for the first time and planning a single turbo setup. I need some motivation!
                            1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

Good to see you're choosing to go with turbo's. You won't regret that. Turbo's make for a very driveable car with plenty of power only when you need (or want) it.
                              ~Alain~
                              A wise man once said: "There's no replacement for cubic inches"........then they went on and invented Forced Induction
                              "You'll run outta tire, before you run outta horsepower"

Comment

Working...
                              X