Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag Week 2014 participants please intruduce yourself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klaiton from Houston this will be drag week 2.5 for me registered in 2012 car was still on the dyno and we did not make it but was able to go up to enis for the day and watch glad i did cause i got to see larry make his hits. made it in last year but we had plenty of carnage 3 axle bearings, 2 alternators, 2 waste gates, and on the last day kicked a few gears out of the gforce gf5r. new plan for this year built a stronger tranny, took 500 pounds out of the car switched to dot drag slicks (swapping tires is for the birds) switched to different waste gates running co2 on the controller. swapped out the 3.08 locker for a spool with 3.55. changed the cam from 226 @ .050 to 265. so far all the testing has sucked but i am working on the problem. good luck to all that made it in

Comment

Originally posted by bgblockelcamino View Post
      Jeff Oppenheim checking in from Pittsburgh Pa Second year for me and as excited as last year when I went. 1986 El Camino running street race small block power adder. doing some revisions this year and looking forward to September. Last year I ran a junkyard LS motor with turbo. This year I am installing a forged motor for piece of mind, car is currently running but should be installing motor in next couple weeks and working bugs out through summer hopefully

You trader, i thought you were one of us!!! Lol you still using the S475 or stepping that up also. Good luck it should definately scream this year
      1973 Camaro Z Jy 5.3 & S475 10.99 on 6.5 lbs, cant wait to get the cage in
      2013 DRAG WEEK SURVIOR

Comment

Bob Guido will be at drag week 2014. Bringing my 69 mustang grande .. Will run in modified NA. Ended up placing 4 out of 8 with polishing a couple walls at Gateway last year

Comment

Being a newbie last year and from the the great white north .. Didn't know anybody before drag week .. Now have a whole bunch a friends all over the states .. Drag week itself goes by to fast having Saturday racing this year will be a great chance to BS with others .. Enjoy it .. Dragweek is an great event I feel lucky to have taken part of and finished ... Cruising down the highway with 300 + other drag racers is one of the best parts

Comment

Originally posted by bobs302z View Post
            Being a newbie last year and from the the great white north .. Didn't know anybody before drag week .. Now have a whole bunch a friends all over the states .. Drag week itself goes by to fast having Saturday racing this year will be a great chance to BS with others .. Enjoy it .. Dragweek is an great event I feel lucky to have taken part of and finished ... Cruising down the highway with 300 + other drag racers is one of the best parts
            Don't forget helping one another out at the drop of a hat and the continual ribbing/teasing of each other competitors fabrication skills.

Comment

Paul Nichols from Columbus Ohio , last year was my first Drag Week. Had a blast! I was driving 68 Camaro , this year if my project goes as planed I'll be in a 55 Nomad, Gasser class,driving to and from event.build thread is 55 Nomad Rustfest..see ya there
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Ohio Paul; April 30, 2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 73turbo53 View Post

You trader, i thought you were one of us!!! Lol you still using the S475 or stepping that up also. Good luck it should definately scream this year
                you guys running this year? still using the 475 for this year. been taking me 2 years to save the money for this motor. Also finally doing a transbrake so I can actually 60ft. did end up going 9.85 last year with my setup cleaned up a lot under the hood too

Comment

Matt from New Jersey. 72 Nova small block with an F2 procharger. Street race small block power adder class. I can wait, my brother and i have been wanting to attend Dragweek for the last few years. Overall goal is to complete the whole journey and have a blast doing so. Looking forward to meeting everyone out there.

Comment

Originally posted by bgblockelcamino View Post

you guys running this year? still using the 475 for this year. been taking me 2 years to save the money for this motor. Also finally doing a transbrake so I can actually 60ft. did end up going 9.85 last year with my setup cleaned up a lot under the hood too
                    ​Yep we are in. Chris and I are riding together this year, so depending on which car/truck is ready in September is what we will take. Chris is redoing the hotside, going with 16 injectors (1 set for meth under boost) and making a lot of other trick modifications on the S10 . Hopefully the truck can go 8.3's, and keep the junkyard motor together, this will put us right on top of the 8.50 limit in SRSBPA. If we don’t have it ready in time then we will take the Camaro in same class at a much slower mid to high 9 number.
                    1973 Camaro Z Jy 5.3 & S475 10.99 on 6.5 lbs, cant wait to get the cage in
                    2013 DRAG WEEK SURVIOR

Comment

Good luck and see you guys in September will have my pile and we have Snowball a 98 White TA running too this time.

Comment

John, from Bowling Green... just a space filler in SRSBPA...

Comment

Originally posted by HBZ_81_C3 View Post
                          John, from Bowling Green... just a space filler in SRSBPA...
                          you can never make any assumption like that with Drag Week

Comment

lots of changes for this year

Comment

looks good i cant wait too see it

Comment

Ls7gto.....yes, I'm the other Liberty guy..would have liked 2 talk 2 U more last year.. I'm building a 427 SBC to run this year.. that means a cage & all that stuff..my garage needs 2 be a bz place 4 awhile..lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X