No announcement yet.

tour the nasa kenedy space center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott, if you have never been to the Kennedy Space Center and are interested in the space programs it is very fascinating. I have been there before and I was in total awe of the size of the rocket engines and apollo rockets. and oh yes the shuttle is cool too. To stand under a three stage rocket and puting into perspective the amount of fuel and size of multiple engines that those Astronauts were sitting on top of is really amazing!!
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I had an email from Family Events, here is the link to the Cocoa Beah Hot rod site:
      http://www.HotRodCocoaBeach.com/Sunday_Drive.html

What You'll See on the Sunday Drive Through KSC

1. Countdown Clock
      2. External Tank Dock
      3. Launch Control Center
      4. Vehicle Assembly Building
      5. Crawler Way
      6. Ares Mobile Launch Platform
      7. Shuttle Mobile Launch Platform
      8. Shuttle Engine Shop
      9. Orbiter Processing Facility 3
      10. Crawler Transporter
      11. Orbiter Processing Facility 1
      (Endeavour currently in OPF 1)
      12. Orbiter Processing Facility 2
      (Discovery currently in OPF 2)

Screw the traffic, I am going. $25 is a small tag for a rare deal I'll probably never get back to.
      Andrew
      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I know it will be a cluster to get out..But that's all part of doing something different. I think like Geoge and find the space center incredible..We're in for the drive..Because if you want to do it up right,then just do it..
        I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 64casteel View Post
          http://hotrodcocoabeach.com/Sunday_Drive.html
          its on sunday, the day we go to valdosta but does anyone want to join?
          I think it is just too good to pass up. As of now I think I am going to do it.
          PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
          1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

Originally posted by BLUE STREAK View Post
            I think it is just too good to pass up. As of now I think I am going to do it.
            Same here...going to try to be first into the drivers meeting and one of the first to do it, so getting out isn't a mess!
            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
              After reading the hotrod article on this, sounds like a driving tour after the departure Sunday Morning. Might be pretty cool to be able to drive through the KSC in your own car. Hmmmmmmm I think I will still have breakfast in Sanford........
              agreed.....the KSC tour does look cool, but, if I read the schedule correctly, the car part of the tour is 9:30-11:00 am on Sunday morning; still leaves a lot of drivin' to Valdosta; thik I'll stay in Sanford.....rexx

Comment

I got this e-mail overnight -

Hello Phil,

The 2011 Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour presented by GM Performance Division is just over 4 weeks away! You'll soon be receiving your confirmation letters in the mail and have probably already started booking your hotels and making travel plans along the route. We wanted to reach out to all registered Power Tour participants with some very exciting news regarding the Painless Performance Kickoff Cruise Night in Cocoa Beach, FL!

321.....TAKE OFF...FROM COCOA BEACH!
                Our hosts in Port Canaveral and Coca Beach, Florida, are rolling out the red carpet to everyone. Starting Thursday, June 2nd with a Launch Party, then the iconic Ron Jon's Surf Shop Friday nigh cruise, and Saturday night at The Cove. All of these festivities are in addition to the traditional event taking place Saturday from 9am to 6pm at Port Canaveral's Terminals, hosted by our Kick-Off Cruise Night Sponsor, Painless Performance. Check out www.hotrodcocoabeach.com for a roster of activities taking place in Cocoa Beach!

HOT ROAD POWER TOUR CARD
                The Painless Performance Products Hot Rod Power Card is your ticket to savings during the Cocoa Beach Kickoff of the 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour. Pick up the card at the registration trailer and get 15% off your meals at participating Cocoa Beach area restaurants, June 3-5, 2011.

Take a Sunday drive through Florida's Kennedy Space Center..."Inside the Fence"!
                You've never taken a Sunday drive like this before! Hot Rod Power Tour participants will have the option to take a drive 'inside the fence' at the Kennedy Space Center on Sunday, June 5th in your own car in conjunction with the Sunday morning Drivers' meeting. The route for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity will include a lap around the Vehicle Assembly Building for a grand tour of Launch Complex 39A and the shuttle processing facilities. This rare opportunity is part of a special program with NASA at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex where the Sunday Drivers' meeting will be held in the parking lot of the Space Center. The Visitor Complex is opening early and extending a deeply discounted admission of $25.00 per person plus tax and fees to all participants that includes a vehicle pass for the drive 'inside the fence'. That is over 40% off the regular admission ! price and you get to drive your car through the Kennedy Space Center! Those who participate will also get an 'out of this world driver's meeting' with former shuttle astronaut Jon McBride! Schedule of events and a map of the driving tour are available at www.HotRodCocoaBeach.com.

BUY TICKETS NOW for the "Inside the Fence" Tour.

Stay up to date with news from the Power Tour at www.HotRod.com.

See you on Tour!

-Family Events

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Phil: another link.....

http://www.hotrodcocoabeach.com/Schedule.html rexx

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                    agreed.....the KSC tour does look cool, but, if I read the schedule correctly, the car part of the tour is 9:30-11:00 am on Sunday morning; still leaves a lot of drivin' to Valdosta; thik I'll stay in Sanford.....rexx
                    Didn't notice the 930 thing....hmmm...back to thinking about it again??????????????????
                    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Count Us In!!!!!
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

25 a car and I am in 25 per person I'll pass

Comment

We are in!
                          PT 2005, PT 2006,
                          PT 2007, PT 2010 Long Haul,
                          PT 2011 Long Haul
                          , PT 2012 One Stop
                          The 'Cuda will be at The Dynomax Booth
                          sigpic

Comment

Still thinking about it. I want to go very bad it might be the only chance to ever see it. Just it will cut the time short for the drive to GA. The only way I think to make it work would be to hit the highway stright to GA afterwards and run a good pace. Can anyone tell me traffic on a sat afternoon is like heading north in the middle of the summer months?? Maybe we can get a few to run together I might be in for it.

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post
                              Still thinking about it. I want to go very bad it might be the only chance to ever see it. Just it will cut the time short for the drive to GA. The only way I think to make it work would be to hit the highway stright to GA afterwards and run a good pace. Can anyone tell me traffic on a (Sunday) afternoon is like heading north in the middle of the summer months?? Maybe we can get a few to run together I might be in for it.
                              Fixed it...........Sunday Afternoon...........
                              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Andy and I are planning on doing NASA and high tailing it to GA after straight down the interstate if we have too.

Comment

Working...
                                X