thanks for the memories.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks for the memories.....

five days into this years power tour, i thought my "PT jinks" was gone. the car ran well for the first five days.

was running out of indy, early, ahead of the pack. was looking for a nice pleasant drive. all of a sudden, the car just quit. pulled over and found oil in the coil wire. i guess the BRAND NEW coil was going bad. cleaned up the oil, started the car and went on down the road looking for a parts store in the middle of a corn field. drove about 10 more miles and the car quit again.

was looking under the hood to see what we could see. when i popped out from under the hood, it was raining BangShifters. it was like bees in a hive.

boob gets on the phone....."Allen, were are you?" .......
    10 minutes later, the parts store in the middle of the corn field showed up.
    replaced the "new" coil, "new" coil wire, it still didn't start

George changed out the "new" pertronics with old points, that Allen happen to have in his parts store. the car starts and ran all the way home with out any major mishap.....until the new $500.00 windshield wiper system wouldn't work in the rain.

point of the story, i want to thank Allen for his part store, George for his labor and all the Bankshifters that stopped.

WOW. i'm blessed and lucky to know you nut cases.

THANKS.
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

I was happy to contribute to your trip especially after the wonderful hospitality you showed us all at the starting line party.

Comment

Allen, i can find your house if i drove there, but i don't have your address. please PM me it and i'll get your parts back to you. thanks again. really appreciated your help.
      Last edited by cobra; June 13, 2011, 04:50 PM.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I was just there for moral support Bruce!

I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

This is so typical of this bunch.....I'd be remiss if I failed to thank all the guys who helped me along the way too......Ken, Bob, Vic, Allen, Mike, David........probably one or two I've left out.
          Thanks to all who helped us keep Earl on the road.
          Here's hoping we spend more time doing burn outs and drinking beer than wrenching along the way or in the parking lots next year!
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            This is so typical of this bunch.....I'd be remiss if I failed to thank all the guys who helped me along the way too......Ken, Bob, Vic, Allen, Mike, David........probably one or two I've left out.
            Here's hoping we spend more time doing burn outs and drinking beer than wrenching along the way or in the parking lots next year!
            You actually want to drink beer? Begining to wonder about you ED,oh by the way I sent you a PT Salute.
            Moonshine the official Power Tour Drink.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              is that why I couldn't find you
              see you in Detroit next year
              2007 Power Tour Long Haul
              2008 Power Tour Long Haul
              2009 Canadian Points East Tour
              2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
              2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
              2012 Power Tour Long Haul
              2012 Northeast Rod Run
              2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Darrell, the good stuff only goes so far..........

Bruce, I'm surprised you couldn't find us.....Earl was parked next to the porta potties....
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Bruce, I am just happy that you had left before us so we could help with your situation. As Allen said, that was a pretty small thank you compared to the wonderful Starting Line Party at your place. Thanks again!!
                  200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                  Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I stopped, and Bob was cool as a cucumber and said, "all he needs is a coil, "we'll get him on the road in a few minutes."

It's always much more relaxing when it's the other guy broke down. ;)
                    Powertour off/on since 2002
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

this picture reminds me of 2009, a bunch of chevoorlet guys working on a ford
                      The youngest guy on the board
                      76 vega
                      86 fiero

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

great picture. don't suppose you could email me that picture?
                        [email protected]
                        Last edited by cobra; June 14, 2011, 12:17 PM.
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

You've got mail Bruce.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

[
                            Bruce, I'm surprised you couldn't find us.....Earl was parked next to the porta potties....[/QUOTE]

I guess cause I didn't go near them
                            2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                            2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                            2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                            2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                            2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                            2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                            2012 Northeast Rod Run
                            2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Working...
                            X