2012 Fall Colors Tour - October 19 - 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
    Just out of curiosity ... how can a tunnel suck ?
    vacume
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post
      Hey guys, What if we picked up where we left off and strarted on our way south again. I was looking at mapquest but I' am not sure how to copy it and post it. What if we started around Strasburg, VA(I-81 and RT55) head west thru the mountians to Moorefrield,WV(RT55 and RT220) then head south thru along the mountians to Covington, VA(RT220 and I-64). It looks like it about 165 mile trip and looks like during the Fall Colors it should look pretty good. We could even start in Front Royal at the Hotel we stayed at last time if everyone wanted. That way we could all start a slush fund for the Tail of the Dragon in Spring and it would give the guys time to work on the garage tour for next fall. And we would be set up for the next two years on trips. This is all just being trown out there. I'am willing to do whatever the group descides. I can have fun wherever.
      hum...sounds like a good one. i don't know if i can go that far in oct though. that's an extra two days for me. with power tour in june and woodward in aug, not sure if i can do it.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Does it have to be on certain highways? what about doing a cruise from my house to Freds? Parties held at both ends? Or what about cruising the coast?
        The youngest guy on the board
        76 vega
        86 fiero

Comment

Originally posted by 64casteel View Post
          Does it have to be on certain highways? what about doing a cruise from my house to Freds? Parties held at both ends? Or what about cruising the coast?
          it can be what ever we want it to be
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Curise up here to Volo auto Museum?

They have a big show the first weekend in Sept
            Last edited by GTPilot88; April 18, 2012, 08:09 PM.
            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
              hum...sounds like a good one. i don't know if i can go that far in oct though. that's an extra two days for me. with power tour in june and woodward in aug, not sure if i can do it.
              Glad to see Woodward is still on your agenda Bruce
              FKA Redragtop
              (formerly known as)

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
                Curise up here to Volo auto Museum?

They have a big show the first weekend in Sept
                damn, looks like we will have to miss that. it's a month too early

(oh, i thought that said Volvo auto museum )
                Last edited by cobra; April 19, 2012, 08:19 AM.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

since victor is going to be late up for a while maybe we should bring the full color tour tell him I'm sure they have some nice country back roads we can tear up down there

Comment

don't know if i will be making the fall tour, found out i have to go to NYC and RI for a wedding this summer, might ruin the budget for the FCT...was really hoping to make one of these... but that would be a good idea

Maybe also we could join for a somernites cruise in somerset in the fall?
                    Last edited by GTPilot88; April 29, 2012, 10:54 PM.
                    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by classicbern1 View Post
                      since victor is going to be late up for a while maybe we should bring the full color tour tell him I'm sure they have some nice country back roads we can tear up down there
                      Good Idea Bernie. I'am in.

Comment

i like the idea also
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

i agree
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Just doing a partial hi-jack of your thread here, but after spending the day driving on Watkins Glen International on Friday, October 5 the Northeast Rod Run will be rolling into Clark's Summit, PA late that afternoon (it's about 260ish miles from Front Royal, VA). After partying that night, we will be ending our trip somewhere in the West Point area of NY on Saturday, before we all head home Sunday morning. Our Saturday sites will probably include a trip to Bushkill Falls and possibly Pocono Knob (time permitting).

I don't know if that's to far for you guys, but it might be cool to combine the two trips together for Saturday's ride?

Here is where we will be staying hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=SCRPAHX

We have a group rate of $129. The AAA rate is still over $150, so I think we are doing ok with this rate

Just throwing it out there for you guys/girls because on a normal year, our trips usually don't end up this far south/west
                            1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
                            2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
                            2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

that gets too far north for me. i would have to take a whole week off.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Okay dad has a pretty decent idea, for once.
                                Would anybody be interested in going through the Rich Hendricks museum, Richard Childress Winery and Racing Museum, and then maybe even Detroit Speed?

Dad wants to get the yes or no's pretty soon so he can start on it right away.
                                The youngest guy on the board
                                76 vega
                                86 fiero

Comment

Working...
                                X