Start time question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start time question?

I thought I was clear on when the event started...but now I think I have confused myself. What time do I need to get there???

where is there ? the day ? or the time in the morning of the driver's meeting ?

when you get you package they will be able to tell you, when & were to meet. You have all day Saturday to find out for Sunday's launch. (err I forgot)
    So. Central PA
    Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo View Post
      where is there ? the day ? or the time in the morning of the driver's meeting ?

when you get you package they will be able to tell you, when & were to meet. You have all day Saturday to find out for Sunday's launch. (err I forgot)
      What Package? in 3 years i have never received a package just an email conformation that i got last week.
      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
        What Package?
        I believe Bill's referring to the goodie bag.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Venues are "supposedly" open daily from noon - 7:00 PM except Saturday, Day-1 which is 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM.
          Drivers meetings are "usually" set for about 8:30 AM at the previous days venue.
          Long Haulers picture and final get together on Saturday June 9th. (Day #8) eight) 8)8) time and locale has yet to be decided and will be announced sometime in our lifetime, we hope. Please note the use of the words usually, supposedly, and we hope, as in we hope to get the "route" soon. Subject to change.
          That is all.
          Last edited by 70chevyC-10; May 17, 2012, 05:51 AM.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
            Venues are "supposedly" open daily from noon - 7:00 PM except Saturday, Day-1 which is 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM.
            Drivers meetings are "usually" set for about 8:30 AM at the previous days venue.
            Long Haulers picture and final get together on Saturday June 9th. (Day #8) eight) 8)8) time and locale has yet to be decided and will be announced sometime in our lifetime, we hope. Please note the use of the words usually, supposedly, and we hope, as in we hope to get the "route" soon. Subject to change.
            That is all.
            Well said Philly!!
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Very well put Phil.....sounds like a gunny briefing his squad....
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

you never "have" to attend the drivers meetings. you don't even "have" to travel the designated route. PT is pretty flexable. you only "have" to be at the venue by closing time to get your time card stamped, unless you are not a long hauler, in which case you don't "have" to do that either.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                  you never "have" to attend the drivers meetings. you don't even "have" to travel the designated route. PT is pretty flexable. you only "have" to be at the venue by closing time to get your time card stamped, unless you are not a long hauler, in which case you don't "have" to do that either.
                  Which has me wondering about the Elbow Inn - with STL to Miami the longest daily mileage - might have to "boogie down hard" to get over to Route 66 and have lunch there and still make it to Miami in a timely manner.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                    Which has me wondering about the Elbow Inn - with STL to Miami the longest daily mileage - might have to "boogie down hard" to get over to Route 66 and have lunch there and still make it to Miami in a timely manner.
                    looking at the map and the Elbow Room is about 1/3 of the way, so it might be too early by the time we pass thru that area for lunch. we might switch it up to lunch at Lamberts in Springfield, which is about two thirds the way.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Cobra...where in Springfield is Lamberts?
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                        looking at the map and the Elbow Room is about 1/3 of the way, so it might be too early by the time we pass thru that area for lunch. we might switch it up to lunch at Lamberts in Springfield, which is about two thirds the way.
                        Once we see the route - then we can see how far "off" the route they are too.

I wonder if they have Route 66 on their t-shirts for sale ?
                        ELBOW INN BAR & BBQ, Devils Elbow, Missouri. 4,839 likes. This Location has closed under our Management. (Will reopen under the property owners management with their own staff and menu items) We...
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Lamberts is on the southeast side of Springfield........and the Silverleaf Taproom is on the southwest side.........without looking at a map, they may not be that far apart or that far off the route..........decisions, decisions...
                          Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 17, 2012, 06:11 PM.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                            Lamberts is on the southeast side of Springfield........and the Silverleaf Taproom is on the southwest side.........without looking at a map, they may not be that far apart or that far off the route..........decisions, decisions...
                            Given those choices - I would prefer the Leaf over Lamberts as I didn't get to go the last time due to under age navigator.

Comment

Yeah, I'd rather stop over at the Leaf too.......hmmmm.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                              X