Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it OK?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it OK?

    We did two stops on the '11 Power Tour in our 78 Trans Am. Did the last 5 stops this year in our 92 Z28. Well, both cars are gone. Now have a 80 Camaro that we will do the tour in next year and will be a fixture on all tours for here to come.

    So the question is. Is it ok to put the power tour stickers from the previous years onto that car? I figured as long as the people in the car did the trip it would be ok but I wanted to get opinions. Or am I looking to deep into it?
    Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com

  • #2
    Oh my.........Rules Rules Rules........Oh do what ever you like to do. First off no one will know and second I doubt few will care........
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
      Oh my.........Rules Rules Rules........Oh do what ever you like to do. First off no one will know and second I doubt few will care........
      Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. I'm actually taking all the stickers off the L for next year except for it's first PT.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

      Comment


      • #4
        It's the people that matter - go for it.
        Phil / Omaha

        Comment


        • #5
          What would you do if you got a rock thru the windshield?(I've actually thought about that)

          You are right, you are thinking about it too much. It's about the Power Tours that YOU have been on, not your car. I can't imagine someone 'calling you out' on that, but if they did we will all laugh at him for you.

          Now if you start claiming to everyone that your car has been on every Power Tour since 19XX, well that's different.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 99SS&92Z28 View Post
            I can't imagine someone 'calling you out' on that, but if they did we will all laugh at him for you.
            what he said
            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

            Comment


            • #7
              We laugh at ourselves most of the time anyway.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

              Comment


              • #8
                THE RULES

                i believe

                ARE NO RULES

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 99SS&92Z28 View Post
                  What would you do if you got a rock thru the windshield?(I've actually thought about that)

                  You are right, you are thinking about it too much. It's about the Power Tours that YOU have been on, not your car. I can't imagine someone 'calling you out' on that, but if they did we will all laugh at him for you.

                  Now if you start claiming to everyone that your car has been on every Power Tour since 19XX, well that's different.
                  Some long hauler in the past have discussed and came up with the idea of getting "clear static cling"(hobby lobby) to encase them to apply to the inside of the window to reuse when time came.......I dont know if anyone went to a sign shop to see if they could reproduce the year part to attach to the body magnetically and remove when needed............
                  That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Just keep the old windsheilds and hang them in your garage or at least the part with the sticker.
                    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                    The older I get The Faster I was!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Can you easily get the "stickers" off the windows so that they are reusable. Since I went on the Power Tours in one car and picked up two sets of Long Haul banners, I have extras. 05,07,09,10 & 11 if I want to add them.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
                        We did two stops on the '11 Power Tour in our 78 Trans Am. Did the last 5 stops this year in our 92 Z28. Well, both cars are gone. Now have a 80 Camaro that we will do the tour in next year and will be a fixture on all tours for here to come.

                        So the question is. Is it ok to put the power tour stickers from the previous years onto that car? I figured as long as the people in the car did the trip it would be ok but I wanted to get opinions. Or am I looking to deep into it?

                        Yes it's OK and you are looking to deep into it....... Regardless of the car you took, you were there...... I even went to a local printer for extra '09 & '10 stickers for my truck for this past PT.....

                        Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                        1966 Plymouth Fury III
                        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There was discussion on another thread that I remember, that someone suggesting putting the stickers on to clear plastic or something, so you could easily attach them temporarily, so you could also move them from one windshield to another.

                          Anybody else remember that ... what were the specifics ?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                            There was discussion on another thread that I remember, that someone suggesting putting the stickers on to clear plastic or something, so you could easily attach them temporarily, so you could also move them from one windshield to another.

                            Anybody else remember that ... what were the specifics ?
                            I don't remember the specifics, but I remember it was Ed that had the idea.

                            Originally posted by 99SS&92Z28 View Post
                            What would you do if you got a rock thru the windshield?(I've actually thought about that)
                            Not a rock, but a tree branch took my windshield out with PT stickers from 2006 on.

                            Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                            Just keep the old windsheilds and hang them in your garage
                            Exactly what I'd planned on doing!
                            Last edited by Pumpkin; July 21, 2012, 12:07 PM.
                            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

                            Matt

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have my stickers from 06 thru 12 on window cling and ran them all on my 58 this year......I lost my 04 and 05 due to windshield replacement and that made me find a way to preserve them. I am still looking for reasonable facsimiles of 04 and 05 to reproduce on printable cling if anyone has an image or a good sticker available.
                              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X