Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Last time the Power Tour was in Chattanooga my group went to Rib & Loin on Brainerd Street.....it a place my wife loves......our favorite is the 3 meat combo platter..........

Chattanooga’s Best BBQ For Over 30 Years!
      That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

I love BBQ (and Catfish). Nicks BBQ in Carlisle, AR is awesome. Might be on some routes as it's east of Little Rock on 1-40. Big place, great food!

Comment

Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
          I love BBQ (and Catfish). Nicks BBQ in Carlisle, AR is awesome. Might be on some routes as it's east of Little Rock on 1-40. Big place, great food!

http://nicksbq.com/
          This place looks like a must stop for, combination of my two absolute favorites.
          HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

This one Boob?

Friday evening?
            Last edited by 200WINS; April 7, 2013, 05:54 PM.
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
              Is there a Dallas-Ft. Worth location?? Houston is a bit of a drive.......
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 7, 2013, 06:50 PM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

My BUST!! Google tricked me........ Stockyards BBQ Ft.Worth

Cooper's BBQ http://www.fortworthstockyards.org/B...?bId=93&type=4

Riscky's BBQ http://www.fortworthstockyards.org/B...?bId=84&type=4

Also found this.... http://www.city-data.com/forum/fort-...ards-best.html

I'm confused now......
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

If you are near or in Memphis, from the 2007 Power Tour, BB Kings House of Chicken and Ribs did it for me and Frog! Anyone remember Frog?
                  Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Isn't he down in Cancun......??.......
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

I used to the frequent the Stockyard's and gave Riscky's BBQ another chance lastyear, its okay if you're not a bbq connoisseur.
                      HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

My experience with the Stockyards area is that it's a typical touristy-type area, including BillyBobs'........the Cattleman's Steakhouse has very good steaks, but prices are a bit higher than I like to pay.
                        Almost any Texas bbq place will be fine.......I've always said "you can't find bad bbq in Texas", but that really isn't the case......I'll check with my cousin (who lives in Ft. Worth) and see what he recommends.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

What's the recomendation for Memphis? I'll be at Super Chevy this weekend and want to hit Beale St. for BBQ only (I don't drink so I'm not hitting any bars).
                          GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Let us know how the recon goes.
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Y'all might try Soulman's BBQ. They have several locations right along I30 towards Texarkana. They are family owned, and started back in 74 with just a small restaurant and they've grown over the years. You don't last that long in Texas if the BBQ is not good.
                              Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                              Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                              Kansas City 2017

Comment

BOOOGHAR Charles introduced us to Rudy's Country Store in Houston, looks like there are some locations around Dallas, The one in Houston was pretty new and very good......

Comment

Working...
                                X