On a lighter note...the 2013 PT BBQ thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a lighter note...the 2013 PT BBQ thread

Well, today went really good for me...things are rolling good...getting a bit of a raise and hey Mel's working full time, we have insurance again, and I'm sitting here booking Powertour hotels

Just feeling...good...right now. Some that know me and the trials and tribulations...all I can say is thankful right now that we are doing ok. Still have a roof over our head, food on the table, and plotting and planning for Powertour this year for Mel and I so we can have some fun.

So, I got to thinking...some of you that know me...I have a thing for BBQ. Good, local, BBQ. I'm thinking it's time to start that yearly tradition for me: the Powertour BBQ thread!

As the route is a bit far out to be posted...just wondering...what places are in the host cities....possibly along the way.

Just found this from Bowling Green, KY 2010 stop...the BS Baloney BBQ LOL
    Last edited by Eliteman76; December 17, 2012, 09:07 PM.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Glad to hear things going good for you these day.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

This should keep you busy for awhile Andrew -
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Glad to hear that you have turned the corner Andrew and I hope that the next straight stretch is filled with good things for you and Mel.
        Jim & Maureen
        There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
        HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Lots of good places in Memphis.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

remind me a week or so before tour and I will bring you some homemade smoked baby backs and some of my rubbed smoked pulled pork.....I do not make sauce but think that Sweet Baby Ray's is the best in the world.
            Last edited by 173rdherd; December 18, 2012, 03:17 PM.
            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Glad to hear things are looking up. I have to agree on Sweet Baby Rays!
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah, we are doing ok. And I can say that with a smile

What's funny is, generally I'm a KC BBQ sort of guy. Love some good sauce. But when we were in Chattanooga in 2010, we ate at a place that was a dry rub only, and the guy the was right when he said no sauce needed.
                Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

the Rendezvous in downtown Memphis. we ate there last time PT went thru there. it's been on a bunch of food shows. i have some freinds that live in Memphis and they said it's the best in town.
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

The Rendezvous is exactly the right place to stop in Memphis, no doubt about it! But you have to get there early, it fills ups quickly.
                    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                      The Rendezvous is exactly the right place to stop in Memphis, no doubt about it! But you have to get there early, it fills ups quickly.
                      Weird. I went there and wasn't really impressed. I like Pig on Beale better.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Bump
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Located in Mooresville NC. Good BBQ, Smoked Turkey.

Comment

Well, this is truly depressing news but we are actually out of the running for Powertour this year.

Mix of things hit us rather unexpectedly.

Planning for 2014.

Where ever you guys land, post up some of the tasty grub shots!
                            Andrew

Comment

Check out www.realtexasbarbeque.com We have a GTG here in Arlington.
                              sigpicDavid N.
                              86 GN
                              08 Sky Redline
                              98 GS

Comment

Working...
                              X