Drivers meetings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers meetings...

Who all goes to the drivers meetings or plans on it at least the first couple>???? just trying to get an idea of who to run with or what most ppl do as far as the meetings go??

I haven't made a driver's meeting in years. Maybe 2005?
    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

i'll do the first and last probably

Comment

I doubt that I'll hit any driver's meeting. In fact, I have yet to hit my first....... LOL
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

Because drivers meetings usually mean guarenteed traffic jam to start your day I avoid them, but I do like to hit them on occasion.
          Powertour off/on since 2002
          sigpic

Comment

The only driver's meeting I made was at Cocoa Beach at the Kennedy Space Center since it was part of tour that day and now that I think about it the only one we probably paid for the priviledge to go to other than registration.......
            Last edited by 383S-10; May 27, 2013, 09:08 AM.
            That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
              Because drivers meetings usually mean guarenteed traffic jam to start your day
              Think of it as a freshly stocked lake!

LOTS of opportunity

Comment

I skip and leave the hotel at about the time the meeting is suppose to be over.
                Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

My wife and I will probably go to at least the 1st one. I've gone to them in the past. It's helpful for route heads-ups if something is amiss and some think you have a better chance of getting your car photographed while driving by HR staff.
                  Last edited by Thomasmoto; May 27, 2013, 02:26 PM.
                  2011 Long Hauler
                  2011 Corvette Grand Sport-650 HP Edelbrock Eforce SC 6 speed paddleshift auto

1979 Pontiac Trans Am-800 hp 5 speed Richmond Super Street OD with Long shifter

Comment

I hit about half of them usually. It looks like this year they are giving away a door prize each day also.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

I go to the meetings it's a great way to meet people that you may not other wise.
                      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

We make more then we miss. It is a good time to get to meet others and see the cars. I don't think you have any better chance of getting your car in the magazine. But they are a different part of the Tour. And the traffic is part of the Tour. We will miss two this year due to wanting to get to the next venue early. And you will find the largest turn out on the first day, so at least make one or two and decide for yourself if this is what you want to do. Some of the venues are somewhat close this year and you will have plenty of time to go to the drivers meetings..
                        I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

I try to make them and will be at 1st one for sure the others depend on how many beers I drink the night before and how late I get to bed......
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

well then I will probably see most of you at least the first day and try to get in line with you guys

Comment

Like Rett said

Personally I like going to drivers meeting to get the full experience of the Tour. It's more intimate, calm and quiet. You get some extra time listening to the staff including Pitt and Freiburger. In the two years I've done the tour I can't say I even remember detrimental traffic. Leaving the lot/line after the meeting is kind of fun too because of the caravan. The line of cars loosens up fairly quick but the group is near each other and most at the meeting take the prescribed route.

There are plenty of good reason to miss the meetings too but normally they don't outweigh the positives. For me.
                              [size=+1]Chuck
                              2011 HRPT Long Hauler
                              2012 HRPT Long Hauler
                              2013 HRPT Long Hauler "to be"

Comment

Working...
                              X