Do's& Don'ts for 2014 rookies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoofhearted View Post
    Sun screen, Beer, and money for gas and beer. You can only carry so much beer at one time.
    Unless you have a "box" built for beer.
    Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

I agree on all the above, although except for my first introduction to HRPT I've yet to take my actual spin the tires hot rod , but after three long hauls first and foremost start planning NOW! And take some shake down runs like a 4 to six hour round trip if I would've had at least one more week for a little shake down my Camaro would've made it this year. And yes sunscreen and beer.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        Actually - I thought that was sort of polite
        I stand corrected. You were being polite...sorta...kinda

Originally posted by CaminoKid View Post
        Unless you have a "box" built for beer.
        Some of these folks would need a tanker truck to carry enough at one time. Although I do love that "built in box" that some of you have
        FKA Redragtop
        (formerly known as)

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post
          Is it ok if we bring Dr.Pepper, since i dont drink? I will admit i have a blast watching the ones who do. When do they post the venues? Im going to do my own reservation s.
          that will work just fine....we go through two cases of water and also have fun watching everyone not get hammered.
          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
            I agree on all the above, although except for my first introduction to HRPT I've yet to take my actual spin the tires hot rod , but after three long hauls first and foremost start planning NOW! And take some shake down runs like a 4 to six hour round trip if I would've had at least one more week for a little shake down my Camaro would've made it this year. And yes sunscreen and beer.
            the 4 to 500 mile ride is a great idea.

Am I the only one who cannot do traditional air cleaners just plopped on top of the carb?

real tragedy waiting to happen.

A complicated suggestion is to remote mount an air box, sure path from outside source.

I am east coast, and it is a pig..but just suggesting. (I have not had a happy old v8 ever on long trips.)
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

If you plan to collect all the posters, bring a couple cardboard tubes to roll/stuff them in so they stay nice. Then when you get home, seal them and chuck them in the poster tube pile, to be opened in the year 2525 (if man is still alive).

X3 on the cooling system. And any oddball spare parts that aren't common. If you have space issues, remember it's WAY easier to locate/borrow tools than it is to find the oddball parts you will need.

I start researching hotels the week they announce the venues. Basically focused on a good value in a good neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
                Sun Screen..... There's a good idea!! Wish I would have thought of that one!!
                Power Tour 2010 I got crispy, I did not have any sun screen and no hat.... I thought Florida had hot sun shine but Newton, IA was unbearable.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

get a rental car with walk away insurance, treat it like the dirty whore it is, and then walk away, dont look back ... just ... walk away
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                  X