2014 Power Tour Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW View Post
    Wife is trying to get me to take the gto instead of the lacrosse. Both cars are ready to go other than last minute wash and fill up in fuel. Guess it may be a last minute decision.
    Take the GTO personally don't understand why anyone would drive a new car on the power tour. I mean if its all ya got ok but if you have a muscle car drive it.

Comment

• Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
      We brought our son home from the hospital in our '68 Coronet R/T which we still have. Thanks for sharing your story. Brings back memories. Here's the R/T. Maybe drive it on the tour some year.
      Awesome looking ride Jim and I agree with Phil...the rest are really nice also
      FKA Redragtop
      (formerly known as)

Comment

• Thanks guys. We took out a loan and bought the car for $950 back then. Also served as our wedding car, see plate. I am looking forward to seeing the 70 Roadrunner.
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgracing View Post

Take the GTO personally don't understand why anyone would drive a new car on the power tour. I mean if its all ya got ok but if you have a muscle car drive it.

as much as i agree with all of this, the late model gto is very tight on trunk space for four. wife 2 boys and me. that and with the buick having an ls4 in it, it will run with a lot of stuff on the power tour. if i get a wild hair, i could even take the 67 lemans. looking out for the boys with creature comforts with the 2 newer rides. i can live with the heat/cold or what ever the weather is in an old car, but a whiney 4 year old is the last thing i wanna deal with if i dont have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW View Post
            ..... i can live with the heat/cold or what ever the weather is in an old car, but a whiney 4 year old is the last thing i wanna deal with if i dont have to.
            Amen to that Steve , but aren't all 4 year olds little all the time??

FKA Redragtop
            (formerly known as)

Comment

• One of the advantages to the newer car on tour is the creature comforts... I wanted a GTO when they were introduced, but didn't buy due to the lack of trunk space... when they relocated the fuel tank, they should have lowered the trunk floor to compensate... Several do not understand the performance of a modified late model touring sedan...I owned a 70 Chevelle SS and the Bullet 2001 GTP would trump that in most aspects... including stealth when needed!
              Last edited by silver_bullet; June 2, 2014, 04:29 AM.
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgracing View Post

What about a new muscle car? I took my CTS-V last year and will be there this year. 4 doors, recaro seats, LSA power, brakes the size of godzilla and GMs Magnetic Ride Suspension not to mention the air conditioned seats..... yeah I know... I know.... it is not a "real" muscle car but after owning alot of old school muscle cars I gotta say this thing rocks!

Comment

• what's funny is, the"muscle cars" were new once too... it's all about the journey, and as long as it is what you like and not force fed to you, then, you get the point!
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• I wish I had a muscle car to take on tour

Comment

• Allen, Your long roof will show all but the mightiest "muscle cars" tail lights... You are the part of the defining force behind my previous statement...
                      Last edited by silver_bullet; June 3, 2014, 11:34 AM.
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• The vehicle isn't what matters on the tour, though it does have it's value, it's the person driving that makes it awsume!
                        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• front end aligned today, took a 50 mile check cruse, ready to go. Now if I can only get the Honeydo list done I can leave Thursday Morning. Has to be done before I can go out and play.
                          Ron Reidell
                          56 F100
                          2000 Corvette Convertible

LONG HAUL GANG 2012, 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                            Amen to that Steve , but aren't all 4 year olds little all the time??
                            perfect angel huh....do you want a co-pilot for a day?

Comment

• stop by the Home Depot for the case of duct tape...
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                                stop by the Home Depot for the case of duct tape...
                                y'all must have different rules up there - someone even suggest something like that down here and it would be a jailable offense!

Comment

Working...
                                X