Anyone Receive a Speeding Ticket Mailed to them from Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
    A radar detector is on my list for next years tour. I took a look at Beltronics. Lots of options. And I know nothing about them. Anyone have a preference or recommendation?
    Valentine 1 - don't leave home without it!

Comment

I need a new one too. My old one won't stop beeping. Will check out the Valentine.
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
        A radar detector is on my list for next years tour. I took a look at Beltronics. Lots of options. And I know nothing about them. Anyone have a preference or recommendation?
        I currently have and recommend the Bel RX65 and at the time I bought it was right up there with Valentine 1. Granted there are higher levels of Bel like the STI being the high end of the price like the Valentine. My RX65 is still fast with radar and Lidar, granted Lidar (laser) has to be point straight at you and many times its too late. But for you Corvette guys it is much harder for the Lidar to detect speed being the Corvette doesn't have a whole lot of flat spots in the front.
        HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Originally posted by Gwood74 View Post
          Being a former Kansas Trooper/Traffic Nazi the smart comments when you hand people tickets are are completely unnecessary. However I am a firm believer in Bel Radar detectors.
          Glad you came back from the " DARK SIDE ". LOL
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
            Glad you came back from the " DARK SIDE ". LOL
            It was in fact the dark side, damn politics. My supervisors didn't like my extra curricular crotch rocket riding either, or so I was told. But hey you win some and you lose some, so haul ass.
            HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

2011 Power Tour I blew thru a toll booth (unintentionally) midway thru the toll way. When I got to the toll booth where I wanted to exit, the attendant told me I didn't stop to pay that sections toll and they have a picture of my plate and they WILL be mailing a ticket to me. It was all I could do to hold back laughing, my plate is 2 plates pieced together to get the number I wanted for our GTO ( GT-0248 ) and it has never been registered to me or this car.......ever. Needless to say, I did not receive a ticket in the mail like he promised.
              Last edited by papasmurf587; August 27, 2014, 07:23 PM.
              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
              Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Originally posted by Gwood74 View Post
                I currently have and recommend the Bel RX65 and at the time I bought it was right up there with Valentine 1. Granted there are higher levels of Bel like the STI being the high end of the price like the Valentine. My RX65 is still fast with radar and Lidar, granted Lidar (laser) has to be point straight at you and many times its too late. But for you Corvette guys it is much harder for the Lidar to detect speed being the Corvette doesn't have a whole lot of flat spots in the front.

lol......Grant.....you're an outlaw........you went downhill ever since you followed John & Kathy down that wagon wheel trail in Texas......................
                Last edited by 383S-10; August 27, 2014, 07:27 PM.
                That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

I also use a Valentine 1, gives you the locations of the radar as well as how many signals are out there. It has saved me many many times! Depending on terrain I can get signals 5 miles away!
                  Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
                    2011 Power Tour I blew thru a toll booth (unintentionally) midway thru the toll way. When I got to the toll booth where I wanted to exit, the attendant told me I didn't stop to pay that sections toll and they have a picture of my plate and they WILL be mailing a ticket to me. It was all I could do to hold back laughing, my plate is 2 plates pieced together to get the number I wanted for our GTO ( GT-0248 ) and it has never been registered to me or this car.......ever. Needless to say, I did not receive a ticket in the mail like he promised.
                    That's what I love about your tag John

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
                      I also use a Valentine 1, gives you the locations of the radar as well as how many signals are out there. It has saved me many many times! Depending on terrain I can get signals 5 miles away!
                      You heard it from the man - the voice of experience too.
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                        I need a new one too. My old one won't stop beeping.
                        They must have you surrounded, Jim.
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

another hi-jack funny story.

ON our first drag week, boob had a cheapy radar detector (don't remember the brand). Every time you punched it to pass someone it went off. I am sure several people thought we were on drugs as we would nail it hard and then lock up the brakes.

Now back to your regular programming.

Comment

Are you going on drag week with Bob again this year?
                            Donna
                            Williamston, MI
                            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

No - Buddy is co-pilot this year.

Comment

Wish it was closer we would try to go for a day, to far this year.
                                Donna
                                Williamston, MI
                                Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Working...
                                X