Very Sad News Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Sad News Tonight

I have been informed and verified that Mike Franks "Rocket Man" has passed away today. It is believed that the cause was from a heart attack. It saddens me greatly, I only knew Mike and Donna as a result of Power Tour and always looked forward to seeing them each year. My sincere thoughts and prayers go out to the Frank Family.
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Agreed - it is a terrible loss for Donna and family which includes all his PowerTour friends. I will miss him.

Comment

Oh no ... that's horrible !!!
      My thoughts and prayers to Donna and the entire family.

Comment

Sending love out to Donna and family. They stayed with us for 2 nights before and after North East Rod Run in October. Full of life Mike!

Comment

Awful awful news, like others I new Mike and Donna from HRPT but from the get go they took me and my boys into their hearts always asking to help and truly caring about us. Mike was truly a great guy and our hearts go out to Donna and family. Mike will truly be missed.
          Perry, Robert, and John
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Very sad indeed. Mike was always so welcoming. My prayers to Donna and family. This is difficult.

Comment

Our prayers are with Donna and the entire Franks family. We love Mike and Donna dearly and Mike will be terribly missed.
              Jim & Maureen
              There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
              HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Mike was always so friendly and up beat. Mike you will greatly missed.
                HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Just spoke to him last Sunday night when he and Donna were returning from the grandkids after a week. A slice of good was lost today
                  a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Very saddening to hear about. He was a great fun guy that was eternally 16!!! He will be missed by so many. Hearts and prayers for Donna and their entire family. He never met a stranger it seemed, always polite and caring.

Comment

Phil & I only knew Mike from our Power Tour journeys, but he was such a nice guy and we always looked forward to seeing Mike and Donna during that one week a year. We are thinking of Donna and the family at this sad time.

Gwen (Phil's wife)

Comment

I don't know what to say. So sad for Donna and the rest of the family. We will miss Mike very much.

I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike & BS'ers.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	999016 I'll always remember that smile
                          Attached Files
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Incredibly horrible news! Mike was the first person to come over & greet us when we got to Mooresville last year. Laura & I send our most sincere sympathies to Donna & her family. This is from outside of the Long Hauler event in Dallas in 2012 when we were all gassing up to hit the road home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike & Donna in Dallas 2012 HRPT.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	999034
                            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

So sad to hear, Mike was always had a smile while driving the Cutlass with the top down of course...thoughts and prayers with Donna and his whole family...
                              Dannie
                              2010 Camaro SS
                              Long Haul 2010/2011
                              Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

Working...
                              X