Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Project: How to Build a Modern AMX in Your Home Garage

Re: Cool Project: How to Build a Modern AMX in Your Home Garage

That's the second one I've heard of. First one is a (surprise) '83 Mirada that's getting a Charger SRT8's entire floorpan, running gear, interior, etc. I sense a possible new trend.

You can see the Mirada I'm talking about here.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

That is wild! Got rusty floors? No problem, just put a new car under it! I admire people that can pull things like that off.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Taking components from 2 dead marques and creating one hell of a ride...I'm in!

One thing's for sure...it'll be fun to drive, and the cat will be able to rely on it to take him anywhere he wants to go.

Comment

One awesome project. He would be even more ballsy to replicate the paint sceme the car had before he started.

Oh yeah, "Scrubs in a Bucket", great product if you've never tried them.
          sigpicJohn Castelli
          www.gonecruisincarclub.com

Comment

that is strangely my type of project. ;D

I admire the welds... the one layer drill and fill mimicks an electric pinch, only better (to more than me i would hope)

that chassis should go a long day with whatever you do.

the v8 in an 80s j-tin subaru is not far away now...thanks for inspiration. 12mig reels does go places.... :o
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm not in on this.... nice work and all that; but it kills me to see 2 door muscle cars chopped up for someone's "dream." I can just imagine the conversation in 30 years "WTH were they thinking chopping up an AMX AND and a GTO?!!!"

sorry, just ranting... I'll go sit down now.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Should have noted that

a.) The GTO was wrecked at high speed and looked as though someone had parked a bulldozer on it. Bought as a salvage wreck.

b.) The AMX wasn't exactly rust free either.

Not trying to swing you, just should have made those two points more clear in the story!

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  Should have noted that

a.) The GTO was wrecked at high speed and looked as though someone had parked a bulldozer on it. Bought as a salvage wreck.

b.) The AMX wasn't exactly rust free either.

Not trying to swing you, just should have made those two points more clear in the story!

Brian
                  Just another form of BangShift recycling. In reality, it's just taking two broke cars and making one good one out of it....something we see done all the time....just not to this degree. Obviously not everyone's cup of tea (as you pointed out, this will piss AMC and GTO purists right off). I think it's super cool and would own it in a minute! ;D

Comment

Man that's a ton of work, I realy admire anyone who is willing to take on a project like this.
                    But I hate it.

Comment

It makes me wonder what happened to the 68-69 AMX the local AMC guru had that had been hacked up to put an early Bronco chassi under it, straight good car, hacked and it ended up as a parts car because of it.

Comment

I admire the hard work and the excelent job and the idea. However I am an old school guy, only thing I like to change on my muscle cars is to go to a hydr. roller cam (for obvious reasons with zddp). If you are going to do something like that why not just make a fiberglass body instead of chopping up our dwindling muscle cars? In a few more decades we arent going to have many more I betcha.

Comment

waaaa,waaa,waaa

I friggan love it. i guess it would have been better to yank the LS, scrap the rest, and just let the amx rot away. next thing you guys will bitchen at brian to restore his javelin.

we have an AMX guru in town here, had a AMX that was damage on the carrier or something, was bought by a local racer with a 302 dz on injectors. was called " surprise! " low milage all original never street driven race car. And what did he do...ruined it with a stock 401. was slower and not as cool .

opinions are like assholes....we all got one.
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.
                          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I hope he keeps the bitchin paint scheme! I like it, but it'll sure piss off anyone not already offended!
                            1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

I think it's hella cool! great job!
                              "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Working...
                              X