• Show
Clear All

• Chrysler Thanks America...And Gets Roasted For It

Re: Chrysler Thanks America...And Get Roasted For It

Wow, some of those posts are very bitter. :o
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Nope, not an overwhelmingly pleasant response. I can't help but laugh, lol.

I hate to dive back into old issues, but the current situation should be a turning point for the Big 3 and all North-American industry. I really hope things work out, tricky times indeed.

We bought a Caravan in '04, and I think the next vehicle we'll end up buying will most likely be another Caravan. I think that's "thanks" enough Chrysler, now start cleaning up your mess :P

Comment

finster ! don't touch the dirty money

Comment

Yikes!!! -- if I were Mr Nardelli I'd be keeping my head down. Folks are very pissed off...
          Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

It was a supremely dumb thing for the ad agency or PR firm to suggest.

What did they think people would do? Actually say, "NO, thank YOU."

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if there is a similar [dumb] ad north of the 49th parallel; it's a sure bet that the Canadian feds and Ontario provincial government are going to kick in some billions as well.

The least they could do is NOT run it in the provinces where there are no car plants (which is all of them but one).
              Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Leave it to Nardelli to approve this ad. He is ham-handed personified!

Comment

*groans, rolls eyes*

They(being GM and Chrysler) want to thank us?

Get back on a fiscally sound footing, pay back this "loan/bailout/whateveryouwanttocallit", and build quality vehicles that we want and can afford.

I'd wager Bob Nardelli will have a hell of a time find work as a pooper-scooper in a city park after all of this shakes out.

Comment

I guess the auto industry can't win. It is interesting that the mention of the Chrysler van came up here. I was in a VW dealer the other day and happened to look at their new van (no, I am not in the market for a van). Right on the front of the engine bay is a note that the vehicle is built by Chrysler. Even the engine is from Chrysler.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
                      I guess the auto industry can't win. It is interesting that the mention of the Chrysler van came up here. I was in a VW dealer the other day and happened to look at their new van (no, I am not in the market for a van). Right on the front of the engine bay is a note that the vehicle is built by Chrysler. Even the engine is from Chrysler.
                      I was puzzled when I first saw the Routan too. It's basically and upscale Caravan built on the same assembly line in Ontario. I'm not sure what VW is trying to do with this one :-\

Instead of "Thank You", I think they would accomplish more by letting the public know exactly how they are going to save themselves.

Comment

Re: Chrysler Thanks America...And Gets Roasted For It

Why wasn't AMC (or Studebaker) bailed out ???

Comment

My thoughts on that:
                          1) They both folded before the nation fully developed a "the government must help me" mentality, so no one asked
                          2) Neither company had enough employees to virtually devastate the entire nation if they all became unemployed.
                          3) They both sold assets to other companies

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                            My thoughts on that:
                            1) They both folded before the nation fully developed a "the government must help me" mentality, so no one asked
                            2) Neither company had enough employees to virtually devastate the entire nation if they all became unemployed.
                            3) They both sold assets to other companies
                            I think this is exactly correct.

I think Studebaker, after it was purchased by Packard, continued on but was never a player after that time in the automotive industery, even if the Packard name disappeared and the Studebaker moniker was maintained. Also Studebaker continued in one form or another after it ceased producing automobiles. It merged with Worthington and became Studebaker-Worthington. In the '70's, I think, it was purchased by McGraw-Edison. Recently it has reappeared as Studebaker-Worthington Leasing owned by Main Steet Bank. Thus Studebaker really never needed rescuing as it kept on after it ceased automobile production.

Comment

When the new deal was in the works, Nardelli was the biggest worrying point. Now he goes and does this?!...moron. Dude needs to go, and now.
                              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                              X