Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnstormin': Men of Action

Re: Barnstormin': Men of Action

Damn.......what a thought provoking article!!

Nothing you can't do if everyone is pulling on the
    rope in the same direction.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

How many times did I hear "Why do you need a 455 in your Skylark?" or "It won't fit" (the 455 you perv's :P) it took me 8 years since the idea first formed to pull it off (college came first), but I got it done, and now I'm stepping it up ;D
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Some article Brian,Thanks!

Comment

Another great article Brian. I wish I could be more involved in this thing, but know that my best wishes are with the Cross Country Junkyardigan Javelin Relay Team. I really don't know, however, which is more insane, the transporting of this thing via relay team across country, or ice racing a Javelin with a 440 engine in it. Both are very cool and epitomize what the Junkyard is all about.

Comment

If I had 4-5 days and a tractor=trailer, I'd just haul ass to L.A., snatch it up and drop it off at yer doorstep, Brian(big steppin' ain't nothing to me....I do it for a living).

Being as I don't, I'm waiting for the finalization of the relay....I'm ready.

This is gonna be fun......... ;D

Tiresmoke!

Comment

To quote you, you're the sheep's tits, Brian.

I'm sick of people telling me why I can't do something. In fact, I very often don't bother to explain what I'm doing until it's done. I get much more accomplished that way.

Cheers!

Comment

WOW.....that car has the right color scheme......those colors don't run...they just make you want to get it done, no matter what the task....whether here or abroad. Im proud we live in a place were people from different walks of life can come together for a common cause to help each out and in turn receive a sense of accomplishment, gratification, & camaraderie that I havent seen or felt since my stint in the U.S. Army. You "Band of Brothers" be careful on this endeavor & please document each leg of the trip for us hanger on-ers...... :'(
                That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

I can relate to that adventure totally! Reminds me of the time i borrowed a worn out S-10 and drove it 2400 miles round trip , part of it in a snowstorm, to get the rear seats (rusty springs and frames) for my 53 Chevy Suburban.
                  61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

Wow, some really profound thoughts. I'm going to print this out and have my sons read it. Well done.

Comment

Nice piece Brian, Thanks!
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

As they would have said when the Javelin was new, "Right on man"! ;D
                        As a schlep from Winscon who has achieved more than I ever thought possible by age 40, your comments on hitting long-term goals are spot-on.
                        Plus, AMC javelins are just plain the best pony car ever! ;)
                        Cheers all.
                        Mike

Comment

Hot Rodders are a different bunch. I remember being in a lecture during my brief attempt at a higher education. The lecturer was trying to make that point that you have to go on from where things stand and make the corrections to the plan to accommodate reality - a valid point. He said "You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. Several of us in the class were car guys and we mentally left the lecture at that point as we worked out how to open the crimp at the bottom of the tube and reinstall the paste. That's just how we tick.

Dan

Comment

Well said, Brian. ;)

cheers
                            Ed N.
                            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Along with everybody else, great write up Brian. This whole "Javelin tag team relay" is just one more example of why this site and its members are the greatest.

"Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X