Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxton: May 17-18, 2008 (5 Weeks and Counting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maxton: May 17-18, 2008 (5 Weeks and Counting)

Nope. The ol' Bomb has been down the track many times. But it should be the debut of this configuration. Looks like we should make it, though, if I stop screwing around on this damn computer and get out to the shop to do some actual work!

Randy hasn't sent the completed artwork yet (he's had a few things on his noggin lately), so I won't have the logo for this meet.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
      Nope. The ol' Bomb has been down the track many times. But it should be the debut of this configuration. Looks like we should make it, though, if I stop screwing around on this damn computer and get out to the shop to do some actual work!

Randy hasn't sent the completed artwork yet (he's had a few things on his noggin lately), so I won't have the logo for this meet.

Dan
      DAN get offthe compter and finish the car or I will tell everyone that you told me in jan. it would be ready march the 1st ;D

Comment

Sorry for the Art delay Dan. I do not have access to my computer at the moment. I am using my Brother-In-Laws Computer. If I can find some time I will get something for you. If someone else Hooks you up, let me know.

I have an Interview with US Helicopter Down in Ozark Alabama sometime this week. (Phone Interview)
        That's down in Keith's neck of the woods. At least I would know someone in the area to get me in the know.

Sorry again for the delay, Got alot on the mind.

Comment

Randy -
          The Buzz Bomb is the LAST thing you should be worrying about at this moment. No apology needed. You do those things needed to get back among the employed and finish this when you get a chance.

You SURE you want to be within shoutin' distance of Keith? You know he's nutz, right? Still, he does have a certain charm....

Best of luck

Dan

Comment

Somehow it will all work out. Why do I see myself stranded out in the Middle of the Mexican Desert. With no Map and the Federali's on our trail. Or, On the back of a Mini bike powered by a Nitro Methane Injected Motor and a skinned knee. It's all good. Things will start to happen here really soon. I will keep on building the Kia and show up as soon as I can.

Comment

10 days ...

Comment

Just ordered my battery relocation kit and cut-off switch;
                just a few really expensive parts to go... ;D

Comment

Where are you mounting the battery cut-off ?

Comment

Between the taillights on the rear panel(called the Berger panel).
                    I bought the Hella switch; the switch "key" is removable when in
                    the 'off' position, so when I'm not racing, I won't have to worry
                    about it getting jacked or turned off.

Comment

I'll be rigging the parachute bracket brace through the spot where
                      the OEM hatch release keyhole is mounted(on the same panel)with
                      a pin to make it removable for street use...

Comment

Verrry clever ....

Comment

We had one of those removable batt switches on a car out there last year and the techie wasn't really happy with it. Said something about the possibility of it coming out and not being able to turn off the battery.

Comment

I have a Flaming River switch in the 'Stang, set up "Push to Off" as NHRA requires. Keith thought that was fine. It's a convert and I use the switch every time I park the car. May not be a completely effective theft deterrent, but I figure it'll slow 'em down a bit. I do lose my radio presets, but I don't mind.

Dan

Comment

8 days ...

Are you ready ??

???

Comment

I plan on running a different rear panel on the strip(with a hole cut-out);
                                that way I can just stash the switch in the hatch area and don't have to
                                lose presets or anything else. As for being "ready", I am, my car is not.
                                I'm looking forward to a great weekend regardless ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X