any one want a job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one want a job

My company is looking for a 2IC for the nightshift the pay is 30$ an hour plus shift allowance, all workers are part of the union, and it is a good union,
    The job is setting extruded plastic profiles, we have 17 machines and they run 24/5 so you always get the weekend off the shift is a 8 hour shift with no OT , here is a link to our web site http://www.dynex.co.nz/. Now the bad part I live New Zealand, yes I know the travel will be a killer ,
    I though I would post it up here just on the off chance that someone was looking at shifting down to our little part of the world, my company is now looking overseas to full this job, we have been looking for 6 months and one person come in, one of the things we are looking for is someone who has set-up plastic extruding machines before but in saying that we are happy to look at someone who has any setting skills maybe as a toolmaker or fitter and turner (that is what I am). if you are members of a Camaro web site for the 2nd gen you will the same thing

What is the cost of living like down there? Price of gallon of milk, gallon of gas, average 1500 square foot house selling price, average monthly rent, taxes, etc?
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
      What is the cost of living like down there? Price of gallon of milk, gallon of gas, average 1500 square foot house selling price, average monthly rent, taxes, etc?
      the answer to your question!

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living...ry=New+Zealand
      Last edited by JOES66FURY; April 15, 2015, 10:03 AM.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

That's NZD right ? 1 NZD = .76 USD
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

yes that's right, I did not put it in USD because the way I see is that if you are living in NZ then you are getting a NZ wage and you are buying in NZ, unless you plan on sending money back to the US , but you should be getting about 900 a week or 3600 a month, the pay is weekly

Comment

Still decent money at over $47 thousand USD a year. Cheers -
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

I setup shoe lasts. Does that count?
              ..and I bang things, with a hammer.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Job in Auckland ?

Comment

Yes the job is in Auckland, west Auckland

Comment

Around here we don't do the "W" word ("work" is a 4 letter word to us). I've been retired for a over a decade and ME will be totally retired in month or so - she's been teaching violin part time.

So no thanks - but I think it's cool that you're turning our folks on to a great possibility. I hope a worker gets a great job and that the company gets a great worker.

Dan

Comment

They have earthquakes there that make California look like an amusement park.

I had the chance (still mad I didn't do it) to work there as a helicopter-ski-guide in the early 90s, wish I had gone

But Stiney, your family would LOVE to pack up and move 1/2 way around the world. The best part - you'd get to say "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"
                      Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; April 16, 2015, 06:27 AM.
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

While living in Australia, I went on a ski trip to Mount Ruapehu, before it erupted the last time and got to take a dip in the crater lake. The blue colored ice in the glaciers was awesome too.

Comment

I could use a job....with my military pension and weekly pay I would do okay....importing my Fury and FJ would be a real mofo....

then I would probably have to bring the wife and kids....

Damnit....
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            They have earthquakes there that make California look like an amusement park.

I had the chance (still mad I didn't do it) to work there as a helicopter-ski-guide in the early 90s, wish I had gone

But Stiney, your family would LOVE to pack up and move 1/2 way around the world. The best part - you'd get to say "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"
                            Actually my wife would love that. Please don't mention it to her.......boys are split 50/50 so I don't have the majority on my side.....
                            Last edited by STINEY; April 16, 2015, 08:21 AM.
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                            X